Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Returning from a 40 mile round trip , ( an hour ago )Danielle on her Transalp, me on my Goldwing 1200, daylight, both headlights blazing, going downhill slightly, aprox 1 mile from home. Woman in a car pulls up at a junction to our left, we have right of way. I have eye contact, she pulls out !!!! Two emergency stops, not even time to sound the horns. Woman in car swans off as if nothing had happened.... We gather our senses and give chase, catching up with her at a set of traffic lights. She's sat there, smoking, blonde, (wouldn't youjust know it) not acare in the world. We go to herwindowand say in unison WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING??? She looks bored, Oh, ( she says ) I saw you. Well, that just addsinsult to injury. Excuse myFrench, but I said, YOU DOZY COW.IF YOU SAW US, WHICH I DON'T THINK YOU DID, WHY THEHELL DID YOU TRY TO KILL US THEN ???She replied, You stopped, didn't you ?
Ladies andGentlemen of theforum. I tell you this, if she'd been a guy,I'd have dragged him throughhis owncar window.....I parted with, DON'T WORRY YOURSELF BIMBO, YOU WON'T BE ALIVE FOR LONG, DRIVING LIKE THAT, SO IT'S NOT A PROBLEM.............. Normally mild mannered Danielle gave the woman a piece of her mind too, but in reality, I think the whole exchange was wasted, she was far too dumbto even imagine she'd done anything wrong.
Bless...
Kev

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
imported post

I'm just glad the you guys are allright there are a lot of non caring drivers out there. She would have pulled out in front of you even if you were driving a semi.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

Stuff like that happens to me at times...gives me the willies when I'm nearing an intersection.....I mean I have my lights on high beam,everyone is in a hurry,cagers running red lights,stop signs,yield signs must mean put the pedal down,65 mph speed limit must mean 85mph. see many drivers with that glazed look in their eyes while on their cell phones,But I will say that drivers slow down when nearing a dunkin donuts as the police patrol their parking lot on a regular basis.....:cheeky1: end of my rant...

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
imported post

That's messd up Kevs! Unfortunately, the only way to survive on the asphalt with the cagers is to drive thinking that everyone else out on the road is out to kill you...

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,681 Posts
imported post

I have that kind of stuff happen to me almost everyday going to work and back home. And I am currently driving a car. A small one, but a car none the less.

Total idiots, some with cell phones, others with big gonads regardless of orientation. :X

Yesterday, (during a rubber band session) I'm following a car at about 1-1/2 car lengths as the rubber band almost stops. A pickup truck weasels in between me and the car in front! :p I have to brake hard to keep me from slamming into his bumper :whip:

About a year ago, a guy in a small SUV literally pushes my gl1500 right up to the center median curb crushed between the concrete and his door. I raise my right foot and kick in the side of his rear door. "Oh? I thought this is my lane" :doh:

It makes you want to remove them from existence. But if you do, you are the one who goes to jail. :gunhead:

EDIT: I call the rubber band effect that scenario where folks cram up tight like sardines, one falls asleep and notices that they are 200 yards slow in starting off. Floor the gas pedal and accelerate to 75 mph....... oops! :whip: that car in front is stopped! :doh: and blue smoke from sliding tires goes up.

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I happy to hear that you and Danielle got by without getting seriously hurt. It's a shame that this is just a common thing on the road everyday, everywhere.

I've argued for a long time that they need to have more training for people in cars along with us having to be trained to ride our bikes.

I took drivers ed in highschool, that was in 1969 or 1970. Other than written tests and eye test, that was it. How much of a refresher can a person possibly get from a written test. Here in Florida you can go almost 12 years and never even take a written, just pass your vision test.

More training for them, and the knowledge that if you do something stupid that causes serious injury or death to a motorcyclist, the reprecussions will be terrible.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
imported post

KevS, I had a similar incident happen here in town. Going about 30 MPH on a 4 lane road. Car on the left side of theintersection at a stop sign, I look directly at him and he sees me. 2 cars are coming from the other direction, almost to the intersection, I am entering the intersection when all of a sudden this *#&46# individual rushes out of the side street and right into my lane. I go up the handicap ramp at he curb and onto the sidewalk (not sure how I managed it) got back onto the street and caught up to the jerk and he tells me he had the right of way because he was in a car and I was on a motorcycle. I was so angry I could have chewed nails and spit nickels. Met a cop at the next block and explained to him waht happened and he said to show him the vehicle. I did and he stopped the car and talked to the driver. I don't think he ticketed him because he didn't see the incident and all I can hope is he set this person on the staright and narrow as far as traffic laws. I always try to ride like they are out to get me but I looked right into that guys eyes and I know he saw me but he still pulled out right in front of me. I was lucky. Randy

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,681 Posts
imported post

hockeydad33,

I know that feeling, and like you, tried to tell a cop. He said "he didn't see it and can't do anything about it."

And yes, you were extremely lucky, and had enough skill to keep it rubber side up.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Hey All: I always get a big smile on my face when I read this type of post. Yea I understand exactly. :) I was not always as tolerant and level headed as I am now, and yes I have actually drug a driver out his car window.........those with long hair are the easiest ones to get. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Somewhere along the line you just learn to become a totally defensive rider. To always expect the unexpected that is actually to be expected. They are going to do it, you can count on it.

Now I just avoid it, say whew.......missed it again, and just go on, instantly dismiss it and tell myself, look you idiot, you just need to be more careful .

All those things, if you learn from them, will serve you well .

Kit

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
imported post

In 2006, a friend and I made a 1550 mile loop from SC through TN, VA, DC, NC, and back home again in 6 days. While driving through Tyson's Corner, VA going to Alexandria, the traffic was fairly busy on a Monday morning. My buddy, an ex cop, was in the lead on a 4 lane highway. Habib was next to us in his Toyota Camry and wanted to merge.Heclearly saw us and made eye contact with my partner, but decided that he would come over anyway. Luckily, my buddy had room to move over into the center lane so he wasn't hit. As luck would have it, Habib got caught at the light and my friend pulled up beside him, punched his window, and invited him into the street for an a55whooping. The guy was so scared he blew straight through the red light! He's lucky that he was staring downa gun barrel!:shock:

I've asked for this to be standard equipment on the '10 Wing. It works in all sorts of situations.:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
imported post

You know the worst part is , if you kick thier --- the cops show up and YOU are the one that goes to jail. I HATE stupid people :X

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

pie plate wrote:
You know the worst part is , if you kick thier --- the cops show up and YOU are the one that goes to jail. I HATE stupid people :X
That's when you look at the cop and say "I'll make you a deal sir. I'll plead guilty to simple assault charges...Provided you charge that @$$clown with attempted murder for trying to kill me. However, you allow me to press those charges, and what I did was simply self-defense."

Amazingly enough, most cops will not know quite how to handle that scenario. :cheeky1:

Mike

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

KevS and the rest of you, I am just glad to hear that you all made it through the incidents, to be here writing of them. :cool::cool:

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
imported post

My old man told me something when i was learning to ride all those years ago...he said

" son, everyone else on the road is an a**hole,remember that andtreat them as such and you'll be fine"

I do and am...

here endeth the lesson.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Let her go on... follow her. When she leaves the car in a good spot, scratch "Bitch" on 4 sides of the car with your key as a warning to others.

Should take care of it.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

SB in SC wrote:
In 2006, a friend and I made a 1550 mile loop from SC through TN, VA, DC, NC, and back home again in 6 days. While driving through Tyson's Corner, VA going to Alexandria, the traffic was fairly busy on a Monday morning. My buddy, an ex cop, was in the lead on a 4 lane highway. Habib was next to us in his Toyota Camry and wanted to merge.Heclearly saw us and made eye contact with my partner, but decided that he would come over anyway. Luckily, my buddy had room to move over into the center lane so he wasn't hit. As luck would have it, Habib got caught at the light and my friend pulled up beside him, punched his window, and invited him into the street for an a55whooping. The guy was so scared he blew straight through the red light! He's lucky that he was staring downa gun barrel!:shock:

I've asked for this to be standard equipment on the '10 Wing. It works in all sorts of situations.:D
Hey Sean: If we rig that up to a thermal imaging device, that would be the best deer alert ever made.

I am actually serious about some type of sensor to see those deers, but this will work meantime:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1: Kit

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Geordiemuppet wrote:
Ride like you are paranoid.
They ARE out to get you. :2finger:
Then you wouldn't be a paranoid!

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
Let her go on... follow her. When she leaves the car in a good spot, scratch "Bitch" on 4 sides of the car with your key as a warning to others.

Should take care of it.
Shame on you Rudy:cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
Waste of time. Wrong too; the woman was demonstrably an idiot not a bitch. Calling an idiot a bitch is an insult to the female half of the canine species. Arguing with an idiot is much the same as arguing with a fence post since the intelligence of both are approximately the same.

I often have the urge to catch up with a highway malefactor to give them a piece of my mind but normally common sense dictates that I refrain. There are several good reasons for eschewing that pleasure, one is that the life form in question may be armed and as crazy as you thought theyare. Another reason is that they have a heavier weapon than you do when you're on a motorcycle, and then there's the possibility I may not have too many pieces of my mind that I can spare and should save them for the really egregious occurrences.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.