Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebraska

892 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  plainmech 
#1 ·
imported post

Bruce here from Alliance Ne, hadnt rode a bike in 20 years, last summer got a scooter (49 cc), and the bug bit again 30 mph not enough!

The last bike I had was a 72 waterbuffalo (750 suzki) in 1990,I loved it. I rode my Dads 76 wing as a teen.

I just got an 83 interstate wing, 58K well maintained, had it a week and love it!

When I took the wife for a ride, the rear shocks bottomed out, so I started searching for what I might need to fix, and found this forum, then found out to check air pressure was at 5, so put in 35, I read max is 57. 2 am here and rain so cant wait till tomarro to take her out and see if air is holding.

Nice to find this forum, and I will check back from time to time, Later Bruce

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
imported post

Welcome Aboard!:waving:

#7 ·
imported post

Welcome to the Forum from Kansas!!! :waving:

I hope you find the Forum as informative and as much fun as we do!!:cooldevil:

Again, Welcome Aboard!!
:action:

#8 ·
imported post

Welcome from the state of Pennsylvania!

#9 ·
imported post

Thanks To Everyone for the Warm welcome!

Pressure held over night! Sure rides better with a little air in her!

If it turns out I have a slow leak, is it ok to put in some tire sealer, like fix a flat?

Reading the forum and net I see that there is a problem with 1200s and the stator, and should solder and heat shrink the wires that go thru the connector under the left cover, My 1100 still has the connector, it looks great no signs of melting, no cracking, should I have this done to mine too?

I plan on changing the timming belts soon, as have read best to do it every 25k, and I dont know when if ever done.

If anyone has any thing that I should look into or check on this I would appreciate any feedback.

Rear tire new dunlope D404, front tire need replaced, not bald but thin on tread.

Have slight lifter nose on ocassion, is 83 interstate mecanical (adjustable?) or hydrolic (non adjustable?), lifters?

Thanks Bruce

#10 ·
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

#11 ·
imported post

Welcome to the forum, from sunny Southern California

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.