Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Right head needs pulled. Valve guides and seals. maybe a little bit more. Duno. I could do it myself but dont want to think that hard.

I would be willing to pay for some good telephone support also from anywhere.

I am leaving for 5 days, so I wont be replying till next week.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
imported post

Anybody?

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,647 Posts
imported post

I'm not familiar with anyone working on bikes in your area. Hopefully someone will see this and assist you.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Try Tom Clark Motor Sports in Belle Vernon, Pa. 724-929-7333. I live about 1 1/2 hours from your location. I have a table lift but have never worked on a 4 cylinder wing before. Tom Clark seems to work on almost anything though. Do you have the service manual for your year wing. If not, can obtain it from FAQ-reference forum. Let me know what you are going to do or if Tom Clark MS is willing to do the job.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Thanks for the help. I called Tom Clark but the gold wing guy was not in till tomorrow. Do you have a link to that shop manual download on the web? I cannot seem to locate it.

I actually have a hoist to lift it up in the air and block under it so I can get to it and most of the tools and ability. I actually worked 30 years ago as a summertime small engine mechanic at the local honda dealer. But since it was so long ago and there is no head honcho to get advice from at my fingertips I am a little leary of doing it unless I have too.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Used to work as a mechanic myself andf I understand what you are talking about, but if you can tear it apart, you can put it back together. Just a big pain in the @#$$^@##%#&%@[email protected]:dude:

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

oh he** ---it anit that bad! ! just fallow the manual.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
imported post

Recommend you use NAPA as your parts supplier. Good quality parts for all Hondas from head gaskets to valve seals to timing belts. Much cheaper than going to the Honda dealer. Buy-the-way, if it has been a long time since the timing belts were changed, this would be the time to do it. Get that manual and follow it(step by step) and it is a piece of cake. I have pulled both left and right side heads on 1000's and 1100's as well as have had to replace a left side head bolt hole with a helicoil. If you must do this be sure to buy the kit with an insertion tool. Make sure you have a good torque wrench cause the head bolts are stretch bolts. To buy new ones is almost prohibitive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.