20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1500 with stock seat and after about 30 mins of ride my legs and
Hips start to hurt does any one know of a good seat to get to help with this
Thank you. Bud

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
If you have floorboards that may be where your pain is from. My bike had markland floorboards which caused my legs to be spread 3" out each side, total of 6" wider than the pegs do, no more pain now that I have pegs on it. That caused so much hip pain and leg cramps that I didn't like them from the start besides the danger of having to lift my feet up to shift and brake.

As far as a seat is concerned, be sure and find others you can try out first with local riders.

·
Administrator
28,060 Posts
How tall are you?

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
I have a 1500 with stock seat and after about 30 mins of ride my legs and
Hips start to hurt does any one know of a good seat to get to help with this
Thank you. Bud

I would HIGHLY recommend a Corbin 'saddle' seat.
They are made much wider which supports all of you,with a highback that wraps around your bottom like a saddle,and lowers on each side where your legs go down.They ain't cheap,but if you sat in one you will find out you can set there twice as long as the stock seat.If you ride a lot and are into long trips you need to give one a try.Sink down in that seat and put your feet forward on some 'properly adjusted' Markland flat rubber coated forward boards and you can run a tank empty before you think about stopping.My saddle seat is the best thing about my 1500.I will ALWAYS have one when i ride from now on.I don't sell them or anything but i just think they are the best item you can install on a cruiser.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
How many miles are on the seat/bike? it could be the foam is worn out on your seat..you could also try a gel pad to see if that helps if a different or rebuilt seat is not in your budget right now...good luck...

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bud!

I live in King, just north of Winston, perhaps one day we could meet up in Lexington (speedy's) for lunch and I can let you try my bike out.

I too am on the shorter well built side......... Hey what can I say, I eat well rounded meals........ and it works, Im now well rounded.......

I have a 1500 with a Corbin seat and I can tell you, it makes all the difference in the world. I also have the Original seat and cover that came on the bike that was hardly used ever. I switched the seats out and road it about 15 miles and couldn't take it any more, had to switch back...... Hated that seat. I have riden the Corbin just shy of 1000 miles in one day, and didn't want to stop then, it a great seat! I love it and wouldn't have a wing again without one.

I'd be happy to let you ride it and see for yourself. Every once in a while you see them come up locally for $250 to $300, or EBay.

·
Administrator
28,060 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.