Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I 'm looking for a "How to remove the tupperware on a GL1500" for front, sides and top of engine bay.

I know some aspects are covered in how to repair this or that but am looking for a how to strip the plastic off all by itself. Pics required.

This seems to be my begest block to doing more service of my own bike.

Mine is a 1500 so my additional concern is bending/breaking clips etcl that I don't have extra. Then I'm down during riding season. Not good.

Thanks for any help.

·
Pwhoever
3,182 Posts
imported post

Some of whatyou need is here in the Bikers Workshop. For the lowerpanels under the fairing, look at this: http://www.goldwingfacts.com/1500fairingpanels.htm

If you need to remove the false gas tank covers, then remove the audio console shown here: http://www.goldwingfacts.com/1500console.htmRemove the lower panels under the fairing, remove all the side covers by just popping them off their tabs, and all the mounting points for the false gas tank panels are visible. The only difference is on the left for the reverse. Make sure to move it up into the engaged position, pull off the rubber cover and then you can use a t-45 bit and remove the bolt in the center of the handle.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

OR... if you're a visual learner like me, you could order the Illustrated Powersports 1500 DVDs. He goes through it piece by piece. I've found mine very helpful. And, no, I get no kickbacks on sales.

Gl1500 Wrenching DVDs

Mine were Christmas gifts. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

wpgfire wrote:
OR... if you're a visual learner like me, you could order the Illustrated Powersports 1500 DVDs. He goes through it piece by piece. I've found mine very helpful. And, no, I get no kickbacks on sales.

Gl1500 Wrenching DVDs

Mine were Christmas gifts. :thumbsup:

Thats what I'm looking for, thank you. I need to get to a color printer as I like having reference in paper next to what I'm working on.

DVD's look good but I figured there had tobe some pics. Also the cost.

Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.