Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I can't seem to find a driver-operated throttle cruise control for my 1983Goldwing 1100 Interstate. First I don't know if my handlebar is 7/8? or 1 inch?...Think it is one inch but universal control I recently purchased didn't fit for some reason *that's what the bike techie told me?? I had one on this bike until a few years ago when it just wore out from use.....I am hoping someout out here can help as I hate having to hold onto the throtlle when cruising down an open stretch of highway.....:?

·
Premium Member
5,406 Posts
imported post

I used a throttle rocker and liked itmore than the cruise I now have.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

What is a throttle rocker?? Never heard of it? How does it operate and is it user-friendly as I am not a mechanic in any way shape or form....Hope u reply,

Dave

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

riddl..... I just did a 7000 mile tour on my Honda ST1300, which has a notoriously hard to manage throttle spring system...... what made things worse was that I was only three months out of rotator cuff surgery, which meant my hand, arm, and shoulder would cramp like the devil after 30 or 40 miles.

I found a simple NEP Cruise Control, which is a Zytel nylon friction lock. I had to mess with it some, but I got it to fit and it made the tour possible for me.... The best part is the price, $20 US........

http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/nep-cruise-control-throttle-locks

You can buy them anywhere, but, if you can't find one, Aerostich in the U.S. has got them, item #1896

http://aerostich.com

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Thanx bud....will check out the website....I wonder if I can get it to fit my Interstate?? This forum is great for quick replies and advice....Thanx again and hope the rc is healing well:waving:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

You're welcome........

I'm sure the thing will fit your Interstate..... I had one on my old, long-gone 1981 Interstate, which is what gave me the idea for this one......

·
Premium Member
5,406 Posts
imported post

http://www.throttlerocker.com/

The rocker slips over the grip and only grips in the one direction. If you are on a wide open road cruise is good but if you have to constantly make adjustments it's a pain.

With the rocker you just lean on it a little more or a little less to adjust your speed but you don't tire your hand out like gripping the throttle.

·
Premium Member
12,803 Posts
imported post

:waving:Hello and Welcome

7/8" is the correct size bars on the 1100 series

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Went to the site and it looks easy enuff even for me to install:)....do u know if my bike has 7/8 or 1 inch handlebar? They haven't been modified.....Will letcha know how I fare....Say hi to Red too:)

Dave :bowing:

·
Premium Member
5,406 Posts
imported post

After posting I did some checking and the Throttle Rocker I had is no longer available. The new one is a velcro attached item and there are some issues.

Google "Throttle Rocker" to get soome feedback that might affect your decision.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,797 Posts
imported post

I used the Throttle Locker w/velcro on my Honda 750 Magna. It worked great, every couple of days you have to slide it back around to where it belongs because it does slip a bit.

Still, it is a great thing to have and I enjoyed it. Stopped arm cramps from twisting hard on that throttle for tens of miles at a time on straight roads.

I also used it on my gl1500se because the cruise control would not lock at 85 or 90 and stay with the traffic flow.

·
Premium Member
5,223 Posts
imported post

Ok John...I have not been on the forum in a few days...which member of who's family is in your avitar?:action::action::D:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.