Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok, well we have had the '82 Apsencade for a few months now. It has spent more time off the road getting repaired than being ridden, but I got a feeling all this is about to change.

I am getting tired of calling it 'the wing' and other such things, so here is the task;

Whats the name of your Goldwing and why?

Let rip with any suggestions for mine while you are at it!

Ben.

P.S Yeah, hard to believe its the same 'Wing, but it is. I nearly have all the bits to reverse the process and am really looking forward to getting it going better than ever!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Crickey Ben, the old roads down under must sure be rough!!:goofygrin:eek:r did you have a run in with a roo, whilst you were gazing up at the stars!!:grinner:

Which is the before and which is the after pic? And if it's the second one now, I hope you don't think that the bike is nearly ready, wheels are a bonus aren't they?:baffled:

If you have spent hours/days/months restoring the old girl, why not just call her "Lucky"

Haven't named mine yet either, so I will be watching this topic to get inspiration, I am sure you will get plenty of suggestions fom all the eloquent clever guys and girls out there.

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

[align=center]Resurrection[/align]

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

I third that, if nothing else, She who should be obeyed might miss hear and I will get lucky!!:cooldevil:

Pete

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

Remember the story of the Phoenix? How it rose from the ashes to fly again? That would be my vote...

I call mine Bargoyle. A feller suggested that cuz thats what he called the girls at the local bar. The closer you get, the more you see the flaws. My bike looks good from 20 feet away, but the closer you get... Of course I aim to remedy that over time. I have everything I need to make it totally pristeen and just like the day she rolled off the line. Except the time, and maybe the money.:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
imported post

My God!! Looking at those Pics. I would call her Phoenix. "Reborn from the ashes"

My new LTD is still searching for a name. My old 84 A was call Woolly Bully because it was midnight blue with buffalo skin seat cover. I also rigged up some horns to put on her at shows and had a old mechanical Bull horn.

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

The Gray Ghost, or the Silver Ghost

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Don't name her Ghost, because you know what will happen if you give her up!

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

travelinmays wrote:
My God!! Looking at those Pics. I would call her Phoenix. "Reborn from the ashes"

My new LTD is still searching for a name. My old 84 A was call Woolly Bully because it was midnight blue with buffalo skin seat cover. I also rigged up some horns to put on her at shows and had a old mechanical Bull horn.

[align=center]La Ti Dah Dah[/align]

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
imported post

Brojees wrote:
travelinmays wrote:

[align=center]La Ti Dah Dah[/align]
The name Wooly Bully came from my 6 year old when she saw the seat cover. The bull horns and mechanical bull horn was added to amuse her.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Yeah, we believe you Patrick, it didn't amuse you atall did it, nice to have a 6yr old to blame eh!!:goofygrin:

Pete

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Just keep it simple and call her :11grey: "Nancy" :clapper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
imported post

Redwing, I need a name for my 84 wing but Nancy is my co-pilot. Might get confusing. Would keep me out of the dog house if I was asked which I liked best. As for the other bike I think Phoenix works well after seeing the pics.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

hockeydad33 wrote:
Redwing, I need a name for my 84 wing but Nancy is my co-pilot. Might get confusing. Would keep me out of the dog house if I was asked which I liked best. As for the other bike I think Phoenix works well after seeing the pics.
I don't know, Nancy might work. My dad couldn't remember women's names for some reason so he called them all Sal. Seemed to work for him, I don't know that he's carrying any scars fromit.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
imported post

Well had to name my wing... Lucille........ coz yep i like blues music almost as much as i like my wing.. and ifn you like blues music yea gotta love BB King.. and his Lucille.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

stormintba wrote:
Well had to name my wing... Lucille........ coz yep i like blues music almost as much as i like my wing.. and ifn you like blues music yea gotta love BB King.. and his Lucille.
Good call, I gave you manna for that one!

Now you need to mount a bell on your bike so you can "play with your ding-a-ling":cheeky1:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Doesn't everyone have a 'road demon' bell?

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Doesn't everyone have a 'road demon' bell?
I dont, no "really" I dont, should I?:baffled:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.