Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hi,i need a honest honda motorcycle repair dealership or one that is good at repairing older honda goldwings.main thing is honest in his dealings with you. i live in alabama and can deliver the bike , i would like to make a appointment and carry bike to his shop and leave it for repairs.if anyone has had dealings with repair person like this please let me know. thanks everyone in advance hoghideman

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

What is it that you need done? The 1100's are pretty easy to work on & there is a wealth of helpful info & folks on this site. Let us know what needs done & hopefully a solution will present itself.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

the problem i have seems simple to most wingers,but for me i can't seem to get it repaired.i changed out my valve guide seals,since i had the valve covers off i tried to adjust valve clearance. i also changed my timing belts.i can't seem to get either the timing right or my belts right. i have followed all the instructions i have gotten to no avail. the last person told me that there were several marks on cam pulleys ,but to use the grooved one. my right pulley,the one that wanders has a raised dot and mark on inside of pulley in line with the dot.there is a groove about an inch from this mark be low the dot. my left pulley has no groove,but has a raised dot. on both this is with the up facing up plus marks facing out. i marked my tdc on crank and case of engine.how easy is it to bend valves or brake a piston ?i'm about to give up. i need a dealer where i live to fix this i guest. hunting season is about to start and they are snowed under with 4-wheelers. i'm stumped! well,i got that off my chest. thanks hoghideman

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

OK so now we know that you need help getting the timing correct. Be patient & I'm sure one of the Alabama members will respond. You may have to trailer it to their place but shoot you'd get to meet someone new at the same time.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

Oh yeah, a post in the tech section may get you some help too.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

He has a post in tech section for a bit, and I been trying to help from this end also with PMs and posts.

It'd be a nice ride, but long, 400 miles each way, 800 round trip or I would take a look. I don't mind doing the riding and have the time, but it's not something I can do in 1 day.

Ride 400, work on bike, ride 400, be at least an over night, maybe 2 nights for me. I could afford the gas, but not the hotels.
Maybe someone closer can take a look soon?

Speaking of riding, I went out for Breakfast yesterday on the 1500, nice 300 mile round trip LOL
Yes, I rode over to Branson again for Breakfast LOL
Not planned, just woke up at 4am and wanted to ride.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

Edited out as it had nothing to do with the problem this member is having...But we are sorry to hear of your sons medical problems...Our thoughts and prayers are with no only him but you and the family...

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

This thread needs to be in the General forum. which I will be moving it there...Don't give up hoghideman, once this thread is moved it might get more in pot, or even someone close to you to come give you a hand...Good luck on it....

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
imported post

This is one of my favorite tutorials for a timing belt change - shows all timing marks. It is for a 77 gl1000 but I believe the marks are the same. Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.