Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all,

I want to do a custom "dash box" to mount inside my fairing so that I can add a gauge or two and a clock. I need to get some flat ABS plastic sheet...does anyone know ofa stateside supplier?

Thanks!

Jack

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Have you considered using fiberglass? It's easy to get and work.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I'd thought about it, but then I'd have to make a form or mold, make the part, prime and paint, and then hope there were no fitment problems requiring sanding, etc. With ABS, it's as easy as working with Plexi...make a cardboard pattern, cut, glue, attach.

Thanks for the input, but I think fiberglas is just too much work for this one. :)

Jack

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Go to Google and do a search for ABS suppliers. Most places that carry plexiglass and acrylic sheets can get ABS from someone. Sounds like you only need a scrap piece, and you may luck out and pay next to nothing. Just look them up and Google and make some phone calls.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Hello!

Well, just got my order placed with a local company. Thanks again for all the input! I'll likely have plenty left over, should anyone need any. :)

Jack

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

What size sheet did you get and (if it isn't too nosy) what did it cost!

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

exavid wrote:
What size sheet did you get and (if it isn't too nosy) what did it cost!
I got a 4x8 foot piece for $34. I had them cut it into 2x4 foot sheets so I could get it in the car (and 2 feet is the right width anyway).

Jack

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.