Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Many people with failed stators/alternators found that the plastic plug burned out and failed. Mine was burned out and I have photos, but testing the 3 wires to the stator proved I need to replace it.
View attachment 324322
I had that same problem with my 86 GL1200, the Stator was fine but the plug burned, so I just did away with the plug and hard wired it, soldered the wires together and insolated them, never had another problem, but just incase I found a new stator and sit it on my parts shelf. Probably will never need it, but never hurts having spare parts laying around, especially on an old bike. LOL 133,000 miles and still running fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Randakk's has not been maintained by Randall for over 2 years. He sold the business, sold his house in NC and moved to West Coast Florida, near Tampa. Though the source may still be good, just doesn't feel the same with Randall not there. He was such a nice guy. Likeable and approachable.
Another option is Fleabay........ he is the link. Get it before its gone: Stator & Regulator Rectifier for Honda GL1200 Goldwing Aspencade Interstate | eBay

It's also possible to find with a Google search rather easily.........many other options, but, some of them are ridiculous. Like triple the price of Randakk's list price. Crazy.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts