Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

IS ANYBODY FAMILIAR WITH THE SELF-CANCELLING TURN SIGNALS ON THIS BIKE? IS THIS SYSTEM PLAGUED WITH PROBLEMS OR DO THEY WORK PRETTY WELL? THEY DON'T WORK ON MY BIKE AND THE CLYMER MANUAL IS OF NO USE. THANKS, JIM

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
imported post

My 84 standard does noy have self-cancelling where my 87 interstate does. Not sue about yours. On the self cancelling the button springs back to the center position but the signals works. On the standard, the button just locks over and I need to push it back to the center/off position.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

They work quite well o my GL1100I... There are several inputs (to the self canceling box) that have to be correct.. That is the 7 volt power... the speed sensor...an angle/turn sensor.. then internally to the box, a timer.. even when they are all working correctly, you will probably have to reset the turn signals after you slow down... I learned (by a 7 volt regulator failure) that removing the 7 volt input to the box makes them manual set and reset... but I actually think that they work quite well..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.