Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Nice to know there is such a great website for the wing.
I am deciding between two bikes.
One is a 2008 navi/premium sound/abs heated grips and seats with 9,400 miles for 16K price(red color) also 4 year extended warranty.

The other is same except no abs or extended warranty and only 1,200 miles (maroon color)
16K price.

Is it worth the extra miles to get the one with abs?
Regards. :shock:

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
imported post

2008 navi/premium sound/abs heated grips and seats with 9,400 miles for 16K price(red color) also 4 year extended warranty.

9,400 miles means another 250,000 miles to go before it begins to feel a bit tired.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
imported post

Disregard the mileage, 9400 is nothing for these bikes.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
imported post

The abs and warranty more then make up the difference in miles. If you feel better having those then red is now your favorite color. I'd almost be a little leery about a bike with only 1200 miles unless it came with a good story as to why.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome TeacherJohn[/align]

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Unless there is something you haven't mentioned or you are dead set on maroon over red... I agree with the consensus.... go with the red one/9400

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,186 Posts
imported post

donno wrote:
The abs and warranty more then make up the difference in miles. If you feel better having those then red is now your favorite color. I'd almost be a little leery about a bike with only 1200 miles unless it came with a good story as to why.
I have to heavily back up this post.

Between those two bikes, there is only ONE that I would look at.

The one with ABS and the warranty.

You might think that ABS is not necessary, but that one time it might be needed is worth more to your skin than all the insurance tea in China.

It just could save your face from getting scratched up.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
imported post

1200 miles in 4 years likely means zero maintenance in that time. 9400 miles is nothing for this model. I too feel that abs and the warranted is a more than reasonable choice

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

:waving:Welcome to the World's Greatest Goldwing Site TeacherJohn!:waving:

By all means go with the ABS equipped model. I sold my 1500 to switch to an ABS equipped 1800 mainly to get the ABS. My first experience with ABS equipped bikes was my brother's BMW. We were on a road trip and he'd been bragging about his stupid BMW with the ABS for days. So one afternoon when I was riding his bike I decided to give it the acid test. Rolling along about 40mph I pulled over onto the gravel shoulder and basically stood on the brakes like a full panic stop. Instead of putting my butt on the ground as I was expecting the bike just came to a stop. I could even steer with the brakes on in the gravel. That convinced me. There are lots of riders who sneer at ABS saying an experienced rider can stop better without it. That might be true under controlled circumstances but in a sudden situation like a deer or car in front of you the ABS could make all the difference. I know riding on a gravel road downgrade I can stop a lot more confidently with the ABS in conditions that would have put my old bike down. BTW - mileage really doesn't mean much on a Goldwing. I sold my 1500 with 175,000 miles on it and it was running just like it did when it was new. It had only normal routine maintenance, no major work at all. A fellow near me has 370,000+ on his '93 but it did need a new clutch around 250,000 miles.

·
Administrator
26,562 Posts
imported post

TeacherJohn wrote:
Is it worth the extra miles to get the one with abs?
Regards. :shock:
What extra miles? The difference is about 2 months riding for me.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

TeacherJohn wrote:
2008 navi/premium sound/abs heated grips and seats with 9,400 miles for 16K price(red color) also 4 year extended warranty.
This is the choice if it were mine to make. Either way, you'll enjoy the ride.:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

On which bike did you decide???

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

Just curious folks, if they are both 08 bikes why doesnt the one with lower miles have extended warranty also? thanks for helping a dummy out on this....lol

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
imported post

All new Goldwings come with a 3yr warranty starting when the bike is purchased. The extended warranty must be purchased before the original one runs out. My guess the bike with lower miles did not have one purchased for it.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

25ANV wrote:
All new Goldwings come with a 3yr warranty starting when the bike is purchased. The extended warranty must be purchased before the original one runs out. My guess the bike with lower miles did not have one purchased for it.
Thanks, I kind of wondered if that wasnt the case but just wanted to know for sure.....

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

The chances of you needing the extended warranty are slim to none. Just my .02 cents.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

TeacherJohn wrote:
One is a 2008 navi/premium sound/abs heated grips and seats with 9,400 miles for 16K price(red color) also 4 year extended warranty.
[align=center]

Howdy TeacherJohn :waving: (Cead Mile Failte) One Hundred Thousand Welcomes to the worlds greatest Goldwing Forum :applause:These other cowboys have told you right :claps:nothing is better than The Fastest Colour with ABS and extended warranty :jumper:

[/align]
[align=center][/align]

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Hey REDWING :leprechaun:, your neighbor's 1800 is looking sharp!:claps:

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote: