Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have 76 GL 1000 and was told when I bought it the carbs need synced. I do not have the gauges or know how, but figured it is a common maintenance issue, however the honda shop will not touch it with a 20 foot pole and every other shop I have called tends to beleive there is a bigger issue (more money for them and I am an idiot). It revs to 4 grand or a little higher once it warms up, I can get it to drop back to 3 if I put it in gear and hold the brake. But when I take off then stop it goes back to 4. Is the sync even my problem and where in the Kokomo, Indiana area can I take it to an honest bike mechanic? I would take it to anyone that can help get me back on the road, so tired of looking at it not riding it.

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
imported post

It sounds like a slide or cable is hung up. Synch is probably secondary.

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
imported post

That does sound like a synch is in order. If you have recently acquired her and she wasn't running properly when driven regularly then I'd also guess a carb cleaning is in order. Randakk will have the carb kit you need and a search here will disclose several home made manometers (synch device). I wish I could recemmend a mechanic in your area. Best of Luck!

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
imported post

if the carbs are out of sync the rpm's wont stay steady, mine would always fluctuate when way out of sync. vacume leak will do it too

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

That was something I considered, although the guy I bought itoff seemed to be pretty knowledgable about wings with all the different ones he talked about having. I believe this bike was meant to be someone elses parts bike and this guy saved it and put it back on the road. The guy talked about taking it on a 40 mile ride shortly before I bought it and everything went fine but the carb syncing according to him. But I appreciate the advice and maystart in that direction.

:action:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.