Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ordered the rad hose and timing belts locally. Local Honda OEM headgaskets are going
to cost me approximately $100.00 each - all in. Aftermarket on eBay are less than half.
Any suggestions for suppliers in Canada, or USA as long as the shipping/handling isn't
an arm and a leg? Thanks.

Richard

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

$100 each???? OEM head gaskets are about $45-50 each (service honda, hdlparts, etc... cyclemax could probablyorder you one too...) go with OEM or be prepared to do it twice.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
imported post

If I recall correctly I paid about $136 for the top end set from the local Honda dealer about a year ago.

I have a 1980 and that set is no longer available. The parts man looked at all the later years and concluded that the individual parts were the same. Only the price was higher for the later set.

Keep searching. Use only OEM head gaskets.

Lyle

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

One of the disadvantages of living north of the 49th: take the American retailers

price, double it, add another 20% for taxes, freight, miscellaneous. Then add in the

age of John Wayne at his death. Result equals Canadian retail!

How about an OEM starter for in excess of $600.00?

Got my generic rad hose locally for $27.00.

Couldn't get a price on the aftermarket timing belts - and there's a 2 to 3 week wait.

I'll keep searching.

Richard

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

gido wrote:
One of the disadvantages of living north of the 49th: take the American retailers

price, double it, add another 20% for taxes, freight, miscellaneous. Then add in the

age of John Wayne at his death. Result equals Canadian retail!

How about an OEM starter for in excess of $600.00?

Got my generic rad hose locally for $27.00.

Couldn't get a price on the aftermarket timing belts - and there's a 2 to 3 week wait.

I'll keep searching.

Richard
I think being on the Sunshine Coast your dealer thinks he's got you by the short and curlie's as that has not been my experience.

I check prices online then go to the dealer and they meet or beat the online price without my asking and unless you want it yesterday they pay the shipping.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

gido wrote:
... I'll keep searching.
Have you checked with cyclemaxohio?????

·
Registered
819 Posts
imported post

I just bought a set of OEM Honda head gaskets for my 81 GL1100 from http://www.hdlparts.com/

They were $41.52 each plus shipping.

The only problem I have with Honda Direct line is it usually takes10 days to 2 weeks to get my order. In this case it was 11 days.

If you don't mind waiting a couple of extra days they have about the best prices on oemparts.

Peter

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
imported post

Check with parts n more. they are in Toronto, accept paypal and have a good selection of needed stuff. I have dealt with them on numerous occasions and am very pleased. they ship fast and don't charge an arm and leg for it
best of luck

www.partsnmore.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.