Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I HAVE no idea, but here we go. On my US 2000 GWA, I have a cd player, Satelite radio, GPS, driving lights, side marker lights (yellow), spoiler light, trunk lights, saddle lights and trailer lights. I put in a new battery last month and 2 weeks ago the wife and I took a short trip about 200 miles and my volt meeter read 13.2 volts and the bike started to shut down on us. I had everything running and turned the GPS off and after 2 min everything was fine. Am I overloading the bike's amps allowed. Someone once told me about cump-u-fire Alt and Battery???? With all the stuff that can be put on a goldwing which I have, could this be the problem???

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Jason,

1. Did the volts meter read higher than 13.2 with the engine at idle?

With all the things turned on at idle 11.2 - 12.2

2. With all the bits turned off, did the volts go up then?

at idle, yes, to13.2 - 13.7

3. At any time while out that day did the volts read higher than 13.2?

13.7 was all the higher the volt meeter showed when rideing at any throttle speed.

Richard ( Mr. Clean)

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Jason,

Thanks fellow Wing. I did wwhat you advised and took the back off and boy was it dirty. Problem was I put everything back (even marked the case of the alt.) and the problem was the same. Ended up buying the comp-u-fire with batt. That did the trick. Just came back from a 2 day, 652 mile run this weekend and the volts never went below 13.8 and when I got home, put the bike in the garage and hooked up by battery buddy and it went stright to green.

Thanks for your help. I always can count onSteve's forums for help. Maybe when I get more experienced I can help someone too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.