Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I need 2 Caliper rebuild kits...single piston,I've been looking on Ebay...They are expensive!I also need to rebuild my master cylinders.Hope someone can lead me in the right direction.I did manage to find a fully loaded caliper for $30.96.He had it listed for left front but they look all the same to me.Thanks for any help!

Bobby:waving:

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
imported post

You probaly want to post this in the General discussion forum Bobby, the Test forum is the wrong place. Or one of the moderators can move it over there soon.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks JWayne!I was wondering where it went:praying:I'll see if I can get it over there.

Bobby

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I need 2 Caliper rebuild kits...single piston,I've been looking on Ebay...They are expensive!I also need to rebuild my master cylinders.Hope someone can lead me in the right direction.I did manage to find a fully loaded caliper for $30.96.He had it listed for left front but they look all the same to me.Thanks for any help!

Bobby:waving:

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,751 Posts
imported post

You don't list the details (year and model) so I can't look it up for you, but OEM will probably be available, and usually, in the case of the rebuild kits, cheaper from Honda. You have to buy the pieces separately but at least you know they will fit and be top quality. You don't know that aboutany aftermarket stuff.

www.westernhonda.com

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
imported post

You already got the same thread in another part of the forum Bobby, you don't need two of them. Ask a moderator to patch them together, I know they can do that.

How expensive are the calliper seal kits? If your callipers are otherwise in good condition, new seals would be better than used callipers that could still be frozen or need new seals.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

ssnova72 wrote:
Sorry Steve....I was posting pics and posted on wrong site:?

Bobby
No problem Bobby,I've merged the two threads together for you.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Hello BootWing....I gotta learn my way around on here,lost my post and couldn't find it.Those single piston caliper kits where $36 plus shipping.My rear caliper had some deep pits in the piston and was missing the top pad spring and the 2 small clips and the plastic piece on top,so it was in pretty bad shape.It was sitting under a shed for I don't know how long,someone scraped the inspection sticker off before I got it.Thanks!

Bobby

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
imported post

I recently bought all the rubber seals and boots for both front calipers for my 81 from a dealer. I spent$50.00 for everything. That included the piston seals, dust boots, and bleeder valve covers.

I am ANTI E-bay, so I wasn't about to buy the parts there, and in the end, I got a better deal from the dealer.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

:bow:Thanks Fellows!I ordered 2 caliper rebuild kitsand a air cleaner filter from PartsNmore.They had some pretty good prices.I will probably get the 81 1100 on the road by spring,now since the weather has been cooling off.In the meantime I've been pulling parts off the 82 aspencade,hope to find out why the Stator slid back and knocked the hole in thecover,the bolt is through the cap cover and is still tight and very hard to turn engine.I've got parts scattered everywhere.Thanks!

Bobby

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.