Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hi, I am new to this so if I do it wrong ... I have a 07 1800 Wing. Recently I started hearing 2 very faint quick beeps. These beeps are the kind you would hear a wrist watch make. I find no rhyme or reason for these beeps. All of the gauges are fine and I don't seem to feel anything different in the way it handles. Help!

Joann R.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Switch your audio on , press the right round knob on the radio ,watch your display , press it repeatly until you see "beep on" on the display , turn it to off , then repaeat the process until you see "roger beep" turn that to off as well , This may cure the beep you are hearing ,Ciaran

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
imported post

A Big Welcome to the Forum Joann,

WOW, Ciaran hits another out of the park.

I heard of the Beep on Beep, But skipped right over the Roger Beep.

Heheheh, All I can think of is that stupid airplane Movie where what's his name says "Roger, Roger.

Well Good Luck to you Joann, Hang around, I think you like it here.

Mohawk

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
imported post

Hi Joann R,

Welcome to the forum. You will like it here. It can be very addictive.

I wanted to be the first to comment about your trike...

*** SWEET ***

That's one awesome ride you have there!!!

Tim.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Most likely you have ran over a road runner and it is stuck in the air filter. :waving:

Several components can cause that, but the audio unit sits right on top of them and picks up the electronic interference and the signal.

This problem has been solved by many by placing a sheet electronic shielding on top of the cruise control actuator (over the air filter) and between the radio and the rest of the engine.

Does not look like you have ABS, but the sensors on an ABS bike can pick up metal filings and other magnetic things from the road and get in the air space and cause that too.

Kit

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

I did a couple of things and one of the two has fixed the problem (or at least the short ride this morning produced no beeps) Anyway, I followed the directions and then (after bothering all of you) realized my intercom was still connected from the last time my grandson rode with me. I also turned it off. One of those two things seems to have stopped it.

Kit, you are right I didn't opt for the ABS or the airbagalthough I have second guessedABS a couple of times. I didrake the forks and went with the independent suspension for the conversion (among a whole boat load of other bells buttons and whistles).

You guys are awesome. I am the CD of the Louisville area TRI group and I would like to put a link to this site on our web page. Any idea who to get in touch with to ask for permission?

Jo

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Joann R wrote:
I did a couple of things and one of the two has fixed the problem (or at least the short ride this morning produced no beeps) Anyway, I followed the directions and then (after bothering all of you) realized my intercom was still connected from the last time my grandson rode with me. I also turned it off. One of those two things seems to have stopped it.

Kit, you are right I didn't opt for the ABS or the airbagalthough I have second guessedABS a couple of times. I didrake the forks and went with the independent suspension for the conversion (among a whole boat load of other bells buttons and whistles).

You guys are awesome. I am the CD of the Louisville area TRI group and I would like to put a link to this site on our web page. Any idea who to get in touch with to ask for permission?

Jo
PM wingnut about it. He's the big dog.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the state of Pennsylvania!

U.S.A.:waving::action::waving::action::waving::action::waving::action::waving:

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
imported post

Joann R wrote:
realized my intercom was still connected from the last time my grandson rode with me. I .....

Jo
GRANDson???:shock:
You gotta be kidding us!:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

The trike looks awesome as well!:applause:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
imported post

Heheheheh, I was going to say the same thing.

Mohawk

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
imported post

Oh, Gentlemen, how much do I love you, let me count the ways :hoppingmad:. You are far too kind. I was married 32 years when my husband died and that was 7 years ago. The math on this one isn't pretty. I am closer to 60 than to 50. So I am living proof that women have a mid life crisis once in a while too. Oh, and the grandson, is 13 and as tall as I am. I am just glad he hasn't got to the point yet that he doesn't want to ride with his grandma. His friends still think it is cool when I pick him upat school, and he found out he likes Joan Jett and Bob Seger. A wing, so much more than a ride!

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

A single woman that owns her own motorcycle ,,,,, hhhhhhhmmmmmmm,,,,, hhhhhhmmmmmm,,,,just what I been looking for.

Welcome to the club!!!

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
imported post

When Charlie died, I told everyone I had a t-shirt made that said,

"I have a motorcycle, a bass boat, a truck

a garage full of craftman tools, fish in bass

tournaments and can change my own oil in

the bike.......

I need a date... ;)

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,867 Posts
imported post

:clapper:

Joann, you are a girl after my own heart.

And again, Welcome to your forum and please do stay a part of it. You have just acquired a very friendly, and warm family to add to your own.

John

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.