Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Greetings,

My bike mechanic is working on a 93 1500cc for the first time.:gunhead: It is difficult to get tech info here in Beirut. Is there a dowloadable manual covering the servicing of this bike and more specifically any tips on how to remove the engine ?

Many thanks,

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Michel, welcome to the forum...Stay with the forum michel. There will be several posts to give you the information you are looking for. Due to copywright laws, a manual cannot be downloaded or copied, however, some of the guru's here can give you written details on how to pull the engine.

It would help if you complete your profile so we know who we are writing to and possibly how to get help in your area. This is a very resourceful site... :)

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Ok Renegade I will stick around. I tried to complete my profile but could not do so.:shock:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey michel :waving: Welcome to the forum and visit often. :clapper: Just as Renegade said update your profile :jumper: that makes it easier for members to advise you.

I could be wrong but you sound to me to be Irish. :stumped:

:walker: :18red: :walker:

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I hear of black Irish but not Arab ones ! I hail from Beirut Lebanon. I have finally managed to update my profile. Had a Lazic Surgery Yesterday and I'm short sighted now!!! (very much so!!!)

I have joined your forum to help out Vasken my mechanic who is having problems with the servicing of a Gold wing. I think he needs to remove the engine in order to access the starter fly wheel. I ride a 1984 GSX 1100ES Suzok myself.

Cheers

Redwing. wrote:

I could be wrong but you sound to me to be Irish. :stumped:

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum michel. What are the symptoms of teh starter problem? Starter problems are very rare on the GL1500.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Max I'm no expert with the Gold Wings andI am not a mechanic but I understand that Vasken has removed the starter motor and looked inside and saw the fly wheel with metal debris inside.

He needs to pull out the engine to have a look, but since he never pulled out a Gold Wing engine before (and it looks to require a different approach) he needs some hints on steps and does / dont's in order to avoid costly mistakes.

So at that point we really need to know how to pull the engine out. Once we get closer to the problem I will let you guys know and ask for you advise.

Many thanks

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

michel, I'm just about to send 6 pages from the GL1500 service CD that I have. It details engine removal and has some pictures of it. The whole lot is just under a megabyte in size. It may be of assistance to you. ;)

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Just sent them off. Let us know when you get them.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

:DYhanks a lot Ted !!!! I'm sure Vasken will be deleighted. I will show him the files tomorow and will let you know what will come out of it.

Cheers!

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

michel wrote:
I hear of black Irish but not Arab ones ! I hail from Beirut Lebanon.
Hey michel :waving: No such thing as black Irish or Arab ones. :stumped: You have good english for a guy from Beirut. :clapper:

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Yo Redwing,

Black Irish is a term used by WASPS (white anglo saxon protestants) in North America.

Thank you for your compliment regarding my language skills.I am French educated ie (Arabic as mother language, French as second language and English as third).

If you choose the English system them it is Arabic, English and then French. It is intresting to note that the French educated end up being fluent in French and English. The English educated never mange to speak French.;)

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey michel :waving: Spent some time in Beirut many years ago but could never understand arabic. :stumped: I hope englishted can get your problem fixed. :clapper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

The info was great Redwing. When and where in Lebanon?

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Hey Redwing, were you in the army at some stage?

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

The engine is out Ted! Thanks a lot guys!

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

:waving:

Hi Michel,

I found a great source of info at goldwinginfo.com Lots of exploded diagrammes, and a complete list of part numbers for every year.

According to my manual, you must remove the bar on the lefthand side which forms part of the frame.It will be necessary to use a trolley jack and wheelthe engine out through the opening.

Hope this helps.

Brown Bear.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Thanks for the link Brown Bear. I will forward it to my mechanic. the engine is out and the damage has been diagnosed. the owner of the Gold Wing is sourcing the parts now. All is well thank to you guys.

:waving:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

englishted wrote:
Hey englishted :waving:You must be joking, :stumped: they wouldn't take me in the boy scouts when i was young. :whip:

:weightlifter: :18red: :weightlifter:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
englishted wrote:
Hey englishted :waving:You must be joking, :stumped: they wouldn't take me in the boy scouts when i was young. :whip:
They didn't have boy scouts when you were young!:whip:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.