Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I am hopefully getting a new to me fairing for my wing from Aspect One next week.:dance::banana::band:

My worries are the radio set up in it. The one I have now is a hondaline fairing with a cyclesound setup under the sheild. The one I am getting if I understand right is a Clarion setup not sure if it's a 1or 2 yet. Is there anything I need to be on the look out for when I go to put the new one on. Antenna inputs different, extra wiring, or anything else?:baffled: Are there any controls that I should know about before I begin the swap? Any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

I would suggest getting the harness that goes from the ignition switch to behind the weight and then to the fairing. When I swapped the radios (Clarion I to II) I found that there is an extra wire required. Getting the harness described will avoid hours of trouble shooting.

My 'wing is an 80 and the parts harness were from an 82.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

If it is the Clarion II, you will need the display which mounts where your cyclesound mounts now. You will also want the handle bar control for mute and channel change.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

If he's getting a full fairing then it should have everything in it already except for the handlebar controls if it's a Clarion 2 system. What he doesn't have, I do so let us know what you got when you get it.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
imported post

i went from having a vetter to a 83 apsy fairing,believe me there will be some painful wiring and stupidness in the future..lol..i just walked away when id get frustrated..lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.