Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in replacing the stock 12v bulbs on my '97 Kwik Kamp tent trailer. Currently it has four 2057 bulbs in back, two at each corner. The outermost bulbs are under a red lens and are tail/brake lights. Located to the inside of each red lens is a amber lens which only serves as a turn indicator. Other than these four 2057 bulbs there are two 194 bulbs, one each at the left and right front corners to serve only as running lights.

I'm finding several that should fit but need help selecting the best "led" option available (make, number or whatever) to replicate / improve over the stock lighting. Not interested in a total fixture exchange but if I can upgrade and replace these bulbs with "led's" I want to give it a try. Please offer your opinion/suggestion if you've done this and if you had it to do over again would you still do it? Thanks for your input, Juneau Ron :? :praying: :)

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
I bought bulbs from SuperBright LEDs.com

The first set I purchased was not bright enough. I got this instead:

Here:

Qty Product/Options Price/Ea 2 1157-R18-T Red 17.95
SubTotal: $35.90 Shipping: $2.99 TOTAL: $38.89

They're as bright, if not a tad brighter than the incadescent.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tks Rusty, appreciate your reply and info. That is the same company that I've been looking at anyway so nice to have your feedback. The bulbs at rear of my trailer have nice polished reflectors behind them so that helps with the light projection (seeing how the bulbs mount in a upside down position). Take care and ride safe and often, Juneau Ron:waving::)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.