Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hello Folks,

New GW owner here. I now own a 1985 Interstate. It is getting poor gas mileage (29 mpg), took it into Honda, mechanic says it needs new Needle jets (4), part number 16131 MG9 692. But, they can't order the parts because the bike is to old. They suggested I find the parts myself, bring them in and they will do the work. Not the best way to start off with my bike, but , I always wanted a Wing, now I have it.

Where can I get those caarb parts?

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
imported post

if they cannot find them i would take it to another dealer:?

mark:waving:

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

thank you, I will try there

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

I appreciate your help. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

I hate to steer people away from the dealer because they are a reputable buisness as well, But many of the dealers have mechanics who have worked on 2 maybe 3 goldwings. I save my cash for local private owned reputable bike shops. Ask them how many classics have they worked on and be up front with them, telling them that if the task is to large you rather be told now and sae the grief.
Theres no guarantee that the HONDA dealer is gonna give you any better service than the local mom and pop shop.
Local shops are also alot more greatfull of your bussness.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

I have followed up on all of your advice and followed that up by going to a bike shop, smaller operation where the owner is the main mechanic who works on the machines. He has worked on many Wings. He said "Rick, that bike of your has 77 kilometers. It is difficult to believe that the needle jets would be worn out." Long story short, we are going to explore some other likely culprits robbing me of good gas mileage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.