Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just recently bought my new goldwing, I am 5'5" and the footing on the Wing is not really comfortable for me..I would like to add some floorboards and move them forward, but with being 5'5" I would still need to be able to reach them..I have been looking at the Kury Ergo boards, but haven't heard all that great of things about them...was just wondering if anyone out here has had this issue and if so what did you use?? Or if anyone has any reccomendations for me...I appreciate any help and advice!

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

Not familiar with the 1800 or what it comes with. Are you talking about forward highway floorboards, or regular floorboards for use with a heel and toe shifter? My 1200 came with the latter, and I couldn't get rid of them fast enough. It made me feel like I was riding the Titanic, the heel and toe shifter was clumsy and awkward, and despite having a 34" inseam, the floorboards stuck out so far they prevented me from being able to put both feet on the ground. I went back to the stock pegs, standard shifter and brake pedal. What a difference. Suddenly the bike felt much lighter and more maneuverable, it shifted much easier, and I could easily hold it up at stoplights.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I am just looking for something a little more comfortable rather than the stock pegs, Don't really want to go with a H/T shifter either...The placement on the 1800 feels like a sport bike, I am just not crazy about where the stock pegs put my feet....Just looking for something that would move them a little more forward, but me still being able to reach them....

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

If you put floor boards on it makes it much more difficult to get your feet to the ground when stopping.

I am 6'4" and ride with my heels on the pegs to get rid of that leg folded back feeling.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
imported post

We have Kur floor boards on our 03, but I have to lift the left one up to use the side stand.
I'm 6 ft with 32 in inseam, I can place my feet on the ground when stopped. As far as a h/t shifter I took it off, but there isn't much room for your toe to shift then. So back on it went.
Maybe a better seat would help? Stock seat isn't that good, IMHO>Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

+1 for seat modifications rather than peg modifications.

With the specifics of the Wing's design changing footing is always a compromise, and not always good, especially for those vertically-challenged.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

JerryH wrote:
Not familiar with the 1800 or what it comes with. Are you talking about forward highway floorboards, or regular floorboards for use with a heel and toe shifter? My 1200 came with the latter, and I couldn't get rid of them fast enough. It made me feel like I was riding the Titanic, the heel and toe shifter was clumsy and awkward, and despite having a 34" inseam, the floorboards stuck out so far they prevented me from being able to put both feet on the ground. I went back to the stock pegs, standard shifter and brake pedal. What a difference. Suddenly the bike felt much lighter and more maneuverable, it shifted much easier, and I could easily hold it up at stoplights.
My feelings are about the same as yours Jerry. Although I have only rode my GL100 Aspencade once I think I will have a hard time getting used to the flloor boards and the heel/toe shifter. The brake pedal is even more awkward as it is semi-buried under part of the engine. I'm wondering what is available in canada that I could replace them with such as foot pegs and standard shifter with a shorter brake pedal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.