Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want the pad to go back another inch or so on the Markland backrest installed on my '98 SE. All the way back it sits a little behind the lip of the seat and I want more freedom to move back and forth than that.

There's enough forward adjustment to accomodate a 3' tall rider, but almost none the other way. :)

I've tried heating and removing the threaded fitting with no success. If I could remove the fittings I'd cut the tubing back and reinstall them.

Has anyone delt with this issue?

BTW...reducing the thickness of the pad isn't a workable solution either as that creates its own problems.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
perhaps you could have a local steel shop weld two new mounting points on it and lop a touch off the back? If its the same as mine it would work...

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
perhaps you could have a local steel shop weld two new mounting points on it and lop a touch off the back? If its the same as mine it would work...
Thanks for the suggestion, but the way this one is designed that won't work. Fact is I think I may just be dog-hung on this problem. BUT...at least it's a small glitch: Not a big thing like some here are trying to deal with.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
It would be helpful to see a picture posted, so could better visualize the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.