Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Old Broad
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new computer (an Asus X75A) with Win8 & although \I have managed to move most ally stuff from the old puter to the new including my favorites list I still cannot seem to import my Win live mail contacts from one to the other. The old machine has win live mail 2011 & the new is the 2012 version. I have tried to cut & paste but that doesn't work.
Also is it possible to set up the windows to always open "maximized"? It is very annoying to open Explorer or a document file & have to "maximize" them every time. I sure would appreciate any help that you all my be able to give. This my home site & have cherished all your great advice for many years. Baby Blue thanks you as well. Cheers Angela aka fysty-1:praying::waving:

·
Administrator
58,180 Posts
To make them open up maximized, you need to go into Properties and tell it that is what you want.

Right click on the icon you start Explorer or Firefox or Word, or whatever, click on Properties, there is a place to choose what happens when it opens up.

Oh, just remembered an easier way.
Size the window the way you want it, then hold the shift key and click on the Red X to terminate the program.

Next time you open it up, it will be the same size and location it was when it quit.

·
Old Broad
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John.:claps::waving:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts

Hey fysty-1....:waving:..that cowboy from the Indian Territory just beat me....:doh::doh:...I was just going to give you the same information....:readit:....:ROFL:...glad that you got it sorted.....:claps:

·
Old Broad
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just want to thank you all. My first question was not answered but I managed to get that sorted as well. Now I have to figure out why my default email is not loading on this machine. I have 3 addresses & the lesser 2 receive mail but not the Shaw.ca addy. I'll call MDG on Monday. thanks guys. As usual, this site came through.:claps: Cheers. Angela:):waving:

·
Old Broad
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its hard to beat AZgl1500 for good info....:readit:
John is good but don't sell yourself short my friend. :bow::ROFL::ROFL:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.