Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its a sad moment

I got my radio of and did the aux input mod just to make sure all was ok before re install I pluged the radio on the bike all was great UNTILLLLL :lash: I have accidently dropped the two wires that are mounted on the aux switch i guess it toutched a ground on the engine and that was it .......

both fuses are good radio is working but low output and distorded sound grrrrrrrr (actualy ) volume is a little better with switch in on position but stays on radio i dont get aux anymore

Now I took the relay out back to oem just by the 4 wires and the cassette play fine but radio is distorded grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I guess I blew up somethin in the radio circuit

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Sounds like a job for Sierra Electronics in Nevada. They do good work at reasonable prices. I don't have their number but do a search on this forum there are several here who have used their services with nothing but good results.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Norm
Did you check the 5 amp fuses in the relay box behind the fuse panel? One of them controls the volume.

Sierra is in Ohio

Email: [email protected]
Phone: (800)338-6938 Fax: (937)339-6671
Sierra Electronics 2080 Experiment Farm Rd Troy, Ohio 45373

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya Stu the very first thing I did and hope,,, was a fuse I did check both and good sniffff

Molon Thanks I have sent a radio to Sierra in the past and they are good

I am mad at my self i was finished and all was great just a stupid second of negligence and there i am loosin my radio for a few weeks and 150$... cant win them all

thanks guys

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Norm
Did you check the 5 amp fuses in the relay box behind the fuse panel? One of them controls the volume.

Sierra is in Ohio

Email: [email protected]
Phone: (800)338-6938 Fax: (937)339-6671
Sierra Electronics 2080 Experiment Farm Rd Troy, Ohio 45373
I have been thinking about doing this to my 93 se.

They set it up with a plug for the MP3 and CD right??

Thanks Kurt

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I done it my self.. easy if you can do small work with souldering iron.

i am mad because I have done it all and it was greatly working until I F**ked up grrrrrrrrr

Found a place that does radio repair on goldwing radio and CB in canada i will give him a call monday ....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.