Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I recently purchased an 85 Aspy. It has the Panasonic/8track player/clock setup. I guess the orig owner opted out for the kits. I would like to add rear speakers and possibly replace the clock. Also, the radio has an intercom button, but I don't know if it has an intercom system...how can I find out.

Anyone out there with reasonable spare parts? Maybe I should just chuck the whole thing and find a replacment of some kind.

On another note, I have a Sirrus Roady. Is there a kit for adding it to the Panasonic radio? How could I headphone it to driver/passenger?

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

They didn't come with 8 track players, you must mean the cassette player.

Check just inside the left hand side of the fairing right next to the false tank for a covered 5-pin din plug and another one on the left side just under the front of the trunk for the passenger. If you have a push to talk button then that would be for the cb, does it have the cb control panel mounted in the lower left fairing?

Be best if you could post some pics of the fairing layout.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Howdy. You didn't say what's wrong with it so not sure what to tell you on parts. There is a company that repairs the radios for about $100 flat rate if yours is not working right and don't care to tackle it yourself.

FYI, the 1200 Aspy's had the radio/cassette/Intercom system stock, as well as the digital clock. If the cables for the Intercom system are not out where you can see them, look under the left fairing pocket for the drivers cable and under the seat for the passenger cable. If the hookup cables are not there, they show up on ebay sometimes.

I don't know of any kit to hook up your Sirrus, but if it has a headset out jack you could play it through the factory system by using a cassette adapter or an FM modulator.

John

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks Guys, I'll take a look and try to take a pic or 2....John, I think you are right. Roady should broadcast fm to fm on panasonic, I need to pull out the radio to see if it has an output jack.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Bagmaster, there is no cb conttol knob mounting on the left panel, the is a panel, but it has the auto radio controls there...one for tone, the other to set the volume level.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
imported post

any car kit can be used to hook up Sat radio...at least I think so. I did on mine, but I have a car type radio.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Yea, here's the whole cb unit setup that goes in that left hand fairing pocket. This is on Ebay right now and the seller has it listed as the standard radio. I though about telling him it's not the radio bout the cb but if I did that he'd jack the price up on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts-Accessories_Motorcycle-Parts-Accessories__Honda-GL1200-Used-Panasonic-Type-3-Radio-Good-Shape_W0QQitemZ400018824279QQddnZPartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadiZ2863QQddiZ2811QQadnZMotorcycleQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item400018824279&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A543%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Just so happens that I have the installation kit, new in the box, for the cb. Includes the cables to plug into the back of the cb and the junction box all of it plugs into to intergrate everything with the intercom and headsets.

I have no use for this kit as I don't own a 1200. It's being sold to another member here on the forum. I just wanted to show you what you'd need to install a cb unit on a 1200.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
imported post

PM Sent to Bagmaster

:action:
Gordon

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status