Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys

I'm a new comer for Goldwing and also for this website.
Just bought 2000 GL1500 25th anniversary in Thailand last month.
The previous owner had lost some parts of the CB antenna.
He left it for me as shown in the picture below.
Just wondering that the item I've found on Cyclemax

http://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/cb_antenna_replacement_staff/129/144870

will fit to the panel I have on my GL ?

Or I have to change the whole antenna with this item

http://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/27837

hope you guys can help me choose the right item because the shipping cost
from USA to Thailand is nearly 50$ !!! and I don't want the item useless.

Thanks for answers and happy to join all of you guys on GoldwingFacts.com

Attachments

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
Either kit will work fine for your 1500. Only buy the second kit if you need the complete antenna and base, most times only the antenna upper is needed.

·
1,819 Posts
BE AWARE !
Whats on your foto is modified , and not oem !!
- From here its hard to tell if this modification also has to do with the inner parts (actually only a thread ).
I would order the complete antenna !

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
That's right it has been modified for a pl 259 cb connector. The PO must have tried to make it work with a regular cb antenna . If it were me I order the whole antenna. Then you know it will be corrrect and work properly.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Looks like the guy did a good job of modifing the base unit for a standard antenna. All you will need is a SO239 Barrel connector and an antenna. Most likely cheaper that replacing the entire system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Either kit will work fine for your 1500. Only buy the second kit if you need the complete antenna and base, most times only the antenna upper is needed.
Thanks for advice FitzAL.

BE AWARE !
Whats on your foto is modified , and not oem !!
- From here its hard to tell if this modification also has to do with the inner parts (actually only a thread ).
I would order the complete antenna !
That's what I aware and try to gathering more information, thanks for your help.

That's right it has been modified for a pl 259 cb connector. The PO must have tried to make it work with a regular cb antenna . If it were me I order the whole antenna. Then you know it will be corrrect and work properly.
The PO try to used the regular CB antenna? What is the difference between
the regular and the OEM? Thanks in advance for your answer.

Looks like the guy did a good job of modifing the base unit for a standard antenna. All you will need is a SO239 Barrel connector and an antenna. Most likely cheaper that replacing the entire system.
You mean the PL259 to SO239 adapter with the standard antenna right?
And how about the signal quality compare to the OEM? Thanks so much for your help

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
As far as I know, there is no such connector made to adapt a 259 to a 239 but I could be wrong. Back in the day a 259 was the connector to use to install any cb antenna. Nowadays there are smaller connectors made but like I said I don't think they will work. Maybe someone could loan you an antenna over there and you could see if it works. Why not get in touch with the PO and see what he used?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.