Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I am wanting to put some graphics on the saddlebags on my GRAY 1500. I want to do something in a solid color as opposed to a full multi color graphic. I own my own sign shop and i can do full color , but want to keep it clean with a solid color design. Color is not the issue either as i am gonna use the light silver color of the pinstripe.
I thought about flames, but afraid it will be too cluttered, maybe tribal? Help me out guys, i want to get this done before i leave for MO in the morning. Here is a pic of the bike

CHANGED MY MIND! I AM GONNA WAIT TILL I SEE SOMETHING I REALLY HAVE TO HAVE AND THEN I WILL BE SATISFIED. THANKS FOR ALL THE COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS.
So,FOR NOW, THERE IS NO REASON TO REPLY TO THIS THREAD ( unless you find one of those killer have to have graphics!!!)

Attachments

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

You could try ghosting where you only see it if the light hits it the right way. That way you could use any design and it would not look too cluttered. Silver is a good ghosting color.

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

I'd leave it alone. There's no shortage of bikes running around that are way overdone. There is a certain amount of class in knowing when to quit.

It's a good-looking scoot the way it is, and if you splatter something on there in a hurry - guess what ? ?

. . . . . . it will look like you splattered something on there in a hurry. :)

- - - - - - - - - - just one man's opinion - - - - - - -- - -

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

With that trailer, a Whiskey bottle and shot glass comes to my mind!! jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Yeah i don't want it to look thrown together by any means. I don't want over done, just subtle and tasteful.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

I like eagles a lot, as you can tell by my bike, but I have to say the hawk looks like the better of the two IMHO. Doing it in ghost would look fantastic.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Both were found under the Hawk category, but both have Eagle in the title.
So.... Which one do you like better, the first one or the second one.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

The second one. Looks alot cleaner.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,633 Posts
imported post

I tend to stay with "less is best". It has enough trim now with the pin striping.
:leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

Smaller pictures of that trailers barrel (side shot) on the trunk & bag.

Center (or tip as drunk) to taste. (hic)

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imported post

Well, all i can say is I am supposed to be able to pick designs pretty quick for my customers and i can't even pick any for myself! I guess that means it does not need anything ( as confirmed by some on here already) Thanks for the ideas, but i think i will hold off till i find something that i just HAVE TO HAVE! That way there will be no mistaking that is what i want. I will edit my first post to reflect my decision.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

Doctors don't operate on themselves.... you joined there club.

Same here... I can POP a design or a color for a customer but for myself.... takes years.

Old addage: "One's to picky for oneself."

Then I remember Pat Paulson, "Picky, picky, picky. I'll just run for president".

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Took a long time before I decided on my paint scheme. Went back and forth many times. Some like it, some don't but the important thing is that I like it and that is all that counts!!! You have to do what makes you happy!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.