Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased 2006 1800. Need information on headset systems for helmets. I have seen the Hondaline system but not sure how it rates next to J and M or other brands. Would like some info on the systems. Thanks.

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
Hondaline is made by J&M. I have had both and the sound quality depends on how they fit into your helmet more than anything else. The positioning relative to your ears is very critical.

You could also do a search on here for Edsets.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts

Welcome:waving:mgkarasek

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Hey Stu, the search link you provided returns no matches.
AGAINNN??????????????
That makes 3 search links in a week that are fubared. Something must be screwed up on the site! I even went back and checked this one after posting it and it worked! Same with the one that was before this, gotten in the habbits of double checking.
I mentioned the words used just in case it fubared. Guess that's all I will do from now on until I get word they fixed the problem.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I have used the J&M for my last 3 helmets. Good quality and good service! Call them and check prices and availability for the helmet you are using. I've used some others that were not as good.
Bill

·
650 Posts
you may need to reposition the ear piece so it lines up with your ear i had to hollow out a new spot in the new bell helmets i bought the ear piece was to far back and could not hear a thing even with the volume all the way up. moving them to my ear made a huge differance.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
The new Nolan system makes your helmet in to a concert hall, very impressive sound quality

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
The new Nolan system makes your helmet in to a concert hall, very impressive sound quality
I bought a set of Nolan N90 helmets for the wife and I. You are right, they are in a whole different league when compared to HJC or Bilt etc.

I had to take the J&M speakers apart and discard the protective shells to put the speakers in the Nolans. They fit tight into the preshaped speaker depression in the styrofoam. It made a huge difference in the sound quality. Before I had to turn the system up to 24 plus to hear the radio, now I keep it down around 14-15. Plus the speaker depressions were in direct line with my ears unlike the HJC's where the speakers were held behind a stretchy cloth band where the straps were attached.

Huge difference in bass response and I can hear the wife over the intercom better...no more taps on the head to get my attention.:ROFL:

Henry

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
I have the J&M Elite 629. Because a wanted to get the best music
Through the headset I could it was the most expensive but worth it for me
One issue was I bent a pin in the cord were I connect to the helmet so Now I just leave it connected to helmet

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
My j&m headset had the older connector that would bust pins right at the helmet connector so I ended up wiring around the connector. Now my cord is permanently attached to the helmet. That's not a problem for me since I always use the headset every time I ride.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Check out Edsets, I got a 3G headset and mic last year and love them. http://www.edsets.com/
Plus Ed is really a class act to deal with.:claps:

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
It worked perfect.... Now what the>>>>>>>>>>>>>
this site has gone to

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
I've never tried to save a search, are you just copying the URL?
yup, copy and paste as I have done thousands of times.:lash:

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
First we had Air Rider, when my speakers started to crackle I got a set of J&M Elites. The Admiral inherited them when her Air Riders went south, and now I have Edsets, 2nd Gen. (same speakers as the 3rd Gen sets) J&M's sounded great, but the Edsets have a bit more bass response and seem to be just a little clearer. All 3 were about equal for voice intercom. +1 for J&M, +2 for Edsets. Plus it is neat the Ed himself answered the phone when I called for advice.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I bought a set of Nolan N90 helmets for the wife and I. You are right, they are in a whole different league when compared to HJC or Bilt etc.

I had to take the J&M speakers apart and discard the protective shells to put the speakers in the Nolans. They fit tight into the preshaped speaker depression in the styrofoam. It made a huge difference in the sound quality. Before I had to turn the system up to 24 plus to hear the radio, now I keep it down around 14-15. Plus the speaker depressions were in direct line with my ears unlike the HJC's where the speakers were held behind a stretchy cloth band where the straps were attached.

Huge difference in bass response and I can hear the wife over the intercom better...no more taps on the head to get my attention.:ROFL:

Henry
Hey Hanko! Give me a hint on how you got the speaker shell apart without tearing them up. I haven't resorted to a hammer YET! I'm trying to put them into a Scorpion helmet. Like yours, they won't fit with the shell on them. Thanks for your help.

Chief

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.