Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

okay guys I need your input, with or without trunk which is the answer? I like both ways

Attachments

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

I little more clarification, I just bought the vetter fairing and moched it up today, so I need to decided which looks better. lol with or without.:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
imported post

leave the trunk off...

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

I wouldn't let looks be a factor, do you need the trunk ?
As I rarely ride in a car I need all the space I can get to haul groceries etc.
Its nice to have extra room for extra coats and clothes, tools and don't forget the beer, etc.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Ok, who left the lawn tractor out in the winter weather??:(:(:(:(

I like it without the trunk also. Just paint the fairing to match the bates bags or the other way around.

If you're gonna be riding a lot single, put the backrest back on, at least for the longer rides.

heck, just went back and noticed the bags and fairing are already a pretty close match, just paint the false tank and front fender to match.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Look into a big dry seal bag and leave the trunk off...... the bike looks better running around without it, in my opinion, and you've got a sturdy rack to strap the dry seal bag to.... you can get more in the bag anyway........

A thirty litre Sealline Baja bag (shown below) cost us like $30-some bucks......

the bike it's on in the picture below got demolished, but the bag didn't, and will be on my new bike this summer!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Look into a big dry seal bag and leave the trunk off...... the bike looks better running around without it, in my opinion, and you've got a sturdy rack to strap the dry seal bag to.... you can get more in the bag anyway........

A thirty litre Sealline Baja bag (shown below) cost us like $30-some bucks......

the bike it's on in the picture below got demolished, but the bag didn't, and will be on my new bike this summer!
What bag? I don't see any bag. All I see is that huge, bright smile on Red's face!!!
:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::action::action::action::action::action:

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

Heck ,it should only take a few seconds to remove/replace the trunk so just keep it and use it when you need it. It really shouldn't be a big issue.
P.S. access to your stuff is a lot easier with hard bags ! Try traveling with everything you got in stuff sacks , it's a real pain.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
imported post

I would leave the trunk, color match paint and pinstrip it and you'll have a nice ride.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

you might ask your riding partner which back rest is prefered . got to keep mama happy too.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

I've ran mine both ways. But persoanlly I like the look without it. Its really simple to slap it back on. I used electical plugs hook the lights back in. Mine has 3 running lights and the whole thing slides right off. I like the cleaner look, but miss the rear speakers and running lights. I'll keep mine on just for those 2 reasons. But I see you dont have the trunk rails or speakers so I think it looks better without it. These bags hold alot and you can always strap more on the rack.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Okay, I was feeling it too, just wanted to confirm it with everyone elses opinions. Will go without the trunk , and backrest and keep them available for trips and momma riding on the back. thx for all the opinions.:action:

Attachments

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

As long as your taking opinions I would get rid of the floorboards,fringe and useless front fender rails. Just an opinion. Oh yeah as the Stones say,,,,, PAINT IT BLACK!!!

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

picasso wrote:
As long as your taking opinions I would get rid of the floorboards,fringe and useless front fender rails. Just an opinion. Oh yeah as the Stones say,,,,, PAINT IT BLACK!!!

although, I like the floor boards, I'm gonna eventually go with forward controls. The fringe is only there to hold the torn foam hand grips until I can get some nicer ones.(unless anyone got any laying around they want to donate;)) and I believe I agree with Mick, Keith and the boys, It's going BLACK!!!

I took it to my friends garage last night and we are gonna work on it this weekend. Hopefully will have some pics come Monday of the progress.

OH yeah, I had the front fender rail off for a long time and just recently put it back on. I believe I agree with you on that one as well. So 3 out of 4 ain't bad.:action:

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:

CJ where could I Aquire one of them their Seal bags? OH yeah I don't think my rider will smile as much for me as Red does for you lol.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

in my humble opinioon i would leave her naked. i dont like that kind of fairing i would go for a hondaline and then dress her up with trunk and bags. if not i like it better naked

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

I had the Vetter fairing on my first Wing just the same as that one and loved it, the weather protection was very good and they are nice and stable at all speeds. I see you need to transfer the stalks and indicators to it still, I had that system rather than the built in indicators of the later models.

I too prefer the look of the bike with trunk removed, but that all tends to change when riding two up, when the fully dressed look comes into it's own, so when riding solo keep the trunk off and add it when riding two up, in MHO.:)

She would look really nice painted up black and especially with matching pinstriping to the fairing, again, just MHO.

:waving:

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
I had the Vetter fairing on my first Wing just the same as that one and loved it, the weather protection was very good and they are nice and stable at all speeds. I see you need to transfer the stalks and indicators to it still, I had that system rather than the built in indicators of the later models.

I too prefer the look of the bike with trunk removed, but that all tends to change when riding two up, when the fully dressed look comes into it's own, so when riding solo keep the trunk off and add it when riding two up, in MHO.:)

She would look really nice painted up black and especially with matching pinstriping to the fairing, again, just MHO.

:waving:
Yea Silverfox those stalks and indicators are turning out to be hard to find, I may have to end up fabricating my own If I can't find them before too long, Spring is right around the corner and I don't want to get caught with my britches down if you know what I mean:cooldevil:

I love the look, it's what I have been shooting for I think a headlight visor will top it off, with a nice paint job.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Knucklebucket wrote:
Yea Silverfox those stalks and indicators are turning out to be hard to find, I may have to end up fabricating my own If I can't find them before too long, Spring is right around the corner and I don't want to get caught with my britches down if you know what I mean:cooldevil:
Am I being really silly, or could you not just use the stock ones from the bike to attatch to the fairing?:)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.