Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone have a frame for a set of Vetter Bags that they could turn loose of? I have the trunk mounted on my 82 standard, but have a set of bags with no mounting. If I am ever going to get the wife on for any extended time, I have to pack more stuff!:cheeky1:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I checked out a frame on ebay that came off a '78 750. Does anyone have any idea whether the mountings match up?

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Like a couple of other companies from that ealy era, I think Vetter pretty much made thier bags mounts univeral to fit different bikes.

I went back and looked at those I posted and they don't look like their adjustable enough to make them fit a Goldwing. Check CL in your area.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
imported post

Your lucky day. I got a set that I was finally going to toss this weekend. Good condition and that's the only reason that I didn't toss themyears ago.

Came off a KZ1300 with a touring package. (That's the vetter trunk and bags.)

Free exceptfor the shipping cost with fedex. From Burbank, IL 60459.

Let me know.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Well, there is a deal that I can't pass up. even if they don't fit, maybe I can cut them up and weld here and there and make them work. You have a PM

Just for anyone's info, the '78 750 will not fit the Goldwing. I got that straight from the horses mouth- I sent Craig Vetter himself an email earlier today and he just sent a reply!

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
imported post

there you go, Craig Vetter will usually answer most questions we have about his older products

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
imported post

I'm in the process of adapting a set of mounts for my wing and you'll find that you'll have to play around with the mount to the top frame and the length and angle to the foot peg.

If you have the tools bender & welder you won't have any real problems.

If you go to Vetter's web site you'll find a pdf file for mounting Vetter bags on a 78 Wing. It's worth spending some time looking at this so you'll get an idea what you'll have to adapt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.