Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I actually have another post on here as well, but I was just wondering if any of you wing riders have had to pull the ignition out of a Goldwing before to have a key made? I have heard it it quite time consuming and kinda a pain, but just wanted to know for sure. Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

You have no keys at all? It's easy to get a copy made as logn as you have the code on the key. Getting the blank is actually harder.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,657 Posts
imported post

If you look at the bottom side of the ignition key assembly, you will find the key code.

Here is a thread About Key Codes

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Ya, I have no keys at all. Someone told me that I could remove one of the locks from the side compartments and then get a key cut for it. Then with that key, maybe I can get into the gas door to find out the code for what I need to get a main ignition key cut? Is this true? Thanks

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
imported post

Once a woman I know lost her keys to her V Star. I called a locksmith and he made a key from the gas cap. It cost me $80.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Just wanted all of your to know that my problem has been solved! YEAH!!!!! Thanks to all of you for your help. I got lucky and found the trunk was open and got the key code from there. That code was the master code and works on all locks on the bike! Thanks again!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.