Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I saw a bunch of posts of people with wing parts for sale - so it never hurts to ask.

My LCD has developed a blue area that is slowly creeping across the screen, all within one week. Right now it doesn't effect any of the readable area, but I can see where it will at some point.

Anyone know what might of caused this ? It's a 96' GL1500, and I've never dropped it, but I have encountered some rough roads.

Anyway, someone have an LCD at a reasonable price they want to depart with ?

Thanks, Scott

·
Premium Member
452 Posts

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

No but there are posts in the tech forum of the boards on the LCD screens came through with solder joints that were not cleaned of the flux and that attracts moisture. I pull one on a 97 that had different symptoms and was able to clean it. There are other posts of doing it too. You might want to pull it apart first and clean the PC boards on the back and the wire connectors.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum1/105927.html

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

ifly1956 wrote:
I saw a bunch of posts of people with wing parts for sale - so it never hurts to ask.

My LCD has developed a blue area that is slowly creeping across the screen, all within one week. Right now it doesn't effect any of the readable area, but I can see where it will at some point.

Anyone know what might of caused this ? It's a 96' GL1500, and I've never dropped it, but I have encountered some rough roads.

Anyway, someone have an LCD at a reasonable price they want to depart with ?

Thanks, Scott
Remove it Now before it gets any worse Put In a bag of rice No joke over nite same works for cell phones that have gotten moisture in them .

Then silicone seal the out sidecase. stick it back in the bike.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I'll try the rice trick first. Can't hurt !

Thanks,
Scott

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Good Tip! All I gotta do is fix the rememberer now

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
imported post

ifly1956 wrote:
I'll try the rice trick first. Can't hurt !
I dropped my I-phone in my hot tub...a week in a bowl of rice, and it came back to life! Its a great means to get the moisture out of a said item.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.