Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

With a great deal of help from Fatwing Chris, (Thanks again Chris and Betty Ann, I think I spelt that wrong.)we have determined that it is my bushings not the head bearings that are giving me the looseness and the knocking in the front end. So I wanted to know as far as the bushings and the seals which is better Quality. I have read of some guys here who had to redo the seals after 3 yrs. Money is not the issue, I want the best I can get so I don't have to do this pain in the a## thing again anytime soon. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

Well if money is not an issue I would go with OEM parts.....not aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

I didn't know that after market bushings were available. Even if they are, the Honda ones are proven to last for a very long time and I would stick with them.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
imported post

You make it home without getting wet Chuck?Was looking pretty nasty.

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Ya bud made it home without any more rain. How about you guys.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
imported post

It was so nice I didn't want to go home.

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Was wondering if anyone who has built the spring compressor for the 1500s if you could give me some rough dimensions. Like what size holes are needed to attach to the lower shock body and how long the all-thread should be on each side. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

I think exavid has the spring compressor data you seek. I've never heard of aftermarket slider bushings - at all.

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

I don't know if the forks can stay in the bike or or not to do the bushings. I think the only reason the forks have to come out of the bike is to get them apart. But I am not sure.

That looks really slick Len. How much for a set of the washers? and where can I find the SS plugs? as my bike doesn't have the valves.

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
imported post

Goldwinger wrote:
I don't know if the forks can stay in the bike or or not to do the bushings. I think the only reason the forks have to come out of the bike is to get them apart. But I am not sure.

That looks really slick Len. How much for a set of the washers? and where can I find the SS plugs? as my bike doesn't have the valves.
Brafasco should have the plugs but I'm not sure if I would go with set screws ora button head. I'm checking out some stuff at the moment.

You're welcome to a pair of washers. When do you need them?

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

I guess as soon as I get all the bits together and find the time. I have a small bike trip planned for me and the Mrs. the week after labour day, sure hope I can get her done before then.

Maybe I can come out Saturday and pick up the washers? If your available.

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
imported post

Goldwinger wrote:
I guess as soon as I get all the bits together and find the time. I have a small bike trip planned for me and the Mrs. the week after labour day, sure hope I can get her done before then.

Maybe I can come out Saturday and pick up the washers? If your available.
You have a PM.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

The bushings will come out with the fork tube. I don't see how the can be removed without pulling the slider too. if aftermarket bushings are available, its news to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.