Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 83 gl1100 interstate.she has set of matching Dunlop Elite E3,18 front 16 rear.dont know their age.so they need to go.any other recommendation on tires. Is load range B good or go heavier. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like 120/90-18 fronts no lo nger available in spitfire.130/90-16rear is available. Anybody familiar with Shinko tour master.planning my first road trip on wing with wyfe in April.and need good reliable running shoes.so please any and all input appreciated.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has a load range B on it now.will be loaded for a two week ride,no trailer.so concerned about weight.have had bike for two months only carrying about 15 lbs in lower trunk.tires rated at 761 lbs.wyfe and I come in at about 300 lbs.am taking bike to get Weight checked empty.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
I have only heard bad reviews of the Shinko tires. I'd steer clear of them if I were you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok thanks.looks like I will stay with the Dunlop E3s or go to E4s.would like to try the Bridgestones but don't want to undersized the front tire to a 110/90-18.

·
Large Member
787 Posts
E4's defininitely better, and I think E3's are discontinued. However, you're biggest issue is going to be size. I don't know if they make a matched pair for an 1100. And that's going to be typical for that vintage. Just shop around and find what you can but pay attention to the date codes. A good deal on a 4 year old tire (NOS) isn't such a good deal.

·
Large Member
787 Posts
Just looked, go to DennisKirk.com. They still show a pair of E3's on sale, about $240 for the pair. Don't wait too long, there aren't many E3's left and ask about the date codes before ordering. Not a bad deal. They don't show E4's for either rear or front so I don't think that's an option for you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok.cant find front in E4 unless change size to110/90-18.Not ready to start experimenting with on 34 yr old bike.so looks like the winner is E3

1 - 20 of 23 Posts