Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Also made a few phone calls and found out had undersized rear tire.all the more reason to change.thanks for the research.used Shinkos on my CB750.but it wa s stripped down and chopped around 480 lbs.never tried any of other brands.cant remember what tires can on my 82 gl1100 was young and didn't care.let shop service so didn't do anything but ride.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Put shinko SR777 heavy duty tires on my 74 cb750 3 yrs ago and gave to my youngest son.he still has over half tread left.he lives in Iowa and doesn't ride in winter.so I'm g going to give them a try on the wing.guy I ride with has them on his Venture for 6months and he likes the way they handle.and I liked them on the chopper.will keep posting on how the SR777hd hold up.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would go with Avon's if you can get them in your size. I ran Avon"s Venom tires for years and found them to be a perfect dry weather tire and an excellent wet weather tire. Great traction in both. You might get a couple of thousand less miles a set but you will get positive traction in all weather conditions. My 06 wing had new E3s on it when I bought it and they are down right scary in wet weather. Can't wait to wear them out and get into a set of Stones.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts