Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

What is the ohm and watt output of my Clarion 2? I want to replace the speakers but I don't want to go for overkill. Any speaker recommendations? Thanks.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

What you need is a 4 ohm 4 inch speaker. Fairly common and easily found. Wattage is up to you.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I want to match the speakers to the output of the Clarion 2. No sense buying speakers rated for 120 watts if 80, or 60, or 30 will sound just as good. And I've noticed a couple of postings which say that the OEM speakers are 3 ohms - which sounds like an oddball size.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,762 Posts
imported post

Hi Gido,

A friend gave me a set of 4" speakers he got at Wal-Mart for cheap.We figuredthem a temporary installation at best. However, they're still in the bike and I'm very impressed with their sound and tonal range.

Dennis

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

I'll check the spares I have in the shop and let you know what they are.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

gido wrote:
I want to match the speakers to the output of the Clarion 2. No sense buying speakers rated for 120 watts if 80, or 60, or 30 will sound just as good. And I've noticed a couple of postings which say that the OEM speakers are 3 ohms - which sounds like an oddball size.
:waving:The Honda Clarion System uses 4 ohm speakers and there are decals on the power amp which says use only ungronded speakers and below that it says 4 ohm speakers. I just removed the R/H turn signal and found the info on the power amp.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

The reason it states ungrounded speakers is because in this particular system the speakers are grounded through the speaker amp instead of an earth ground like we'd use in a car.

Dang, I almost forgot to check those spare speakers I have. They are the original speakers in the housings for the fairing and state 4 ohm, 20 watts. So anything 20 watts or better will do just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.