Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

While changing the oil in my 05 1800 I noticed the fluid in the rear brake reservoir was gunky looking so I decided to bleed the system. While doing the rear I discovered a nail in the rear tire. I took it to my local gas station for a repair, the news was not good he patched it but the patch leaked so he plugged it. That worked but I now need a new tire. I contacted the semi local Honda dealer who is also a Harley dealer. I guess having four honda bikes on the showroom floor makes you a dealer. The guys behind the counter act like they have never heard of a Honda. Anyway I inquired with about a new E3 tire. The price he gave me almost caused my head to explode. $320.00 unless I have them install it then it is only $260.00 plus mount and balance, my guess it the price is $320.00 either way. So I was wondering where I can finda tire that will not cause me to seek medical attention after I see the price.

Brian

·
Administrator
26,577 Posts
imported post

OK, well never mind I'll let someone else start this one.:badgrin:

Does Darth Vader come to mind?

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Darksiders always looking for converts.:waving:

Brian

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

I got my last tire here:

http://www.americanmototire.com/catalog/

At first when I looked at their web site, with no phone number. I wasn't impressed, but they had what I wanted, to hit the "Contact" button, filled out the info along with what I was looking for and hit send. In a matter of a couple of minutes I had a response. We sent several emails bal=k and forth and the person was talking with was extremely helpful, and this was 8 o:clock at night!

I ordered and had my tire in 3 days. I would use them again.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Your money:waving:

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

Ok darksiders what size tire do you run on a 1996 1500 don't need one now but starting the research.:waving::waiting:

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

If I owned a 1500, no question! I would put a CT on it.

Is there a Darkside Patch for my jacket or something?.......

A bumper sticker?......

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

All right thanks for the input read some good posts. Sounds like it might be a plan down the road.:smiler::applause:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

78OldRide wrote:
Ok darksiders what size tire do you run on a 1996 1500 don't need one now but starting the research.:waving::waiting:
The above link will tell you all about the Federal/Formoza but there is an alternative. Check out this tire:

Austone Taxi Tire 175R16

I put one of these on and took it for my first ride today. Can hardly tell its a car tire. Smooth, quiet, drops RPM about 200 RPM @ 70 mph. And it raises the bike about an inch as opposed to the Federal/Formoza which drops the bike about an inch (works for my 34" inseam - I can still flat-foot both feet). And its rated for 140,000 MILES! 6 ply tire and its quite rounded on the edges so it goes into corner virtually the same as my Pilot GTs did. And going onto the centerstand is now just as easy as putting he sidestand down. One downside is that its only rated for 95 mph. Not a problem for me but some speed demons may want to consider another.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
imported post

Our Honda dealer in Tallahassee FL is selling Bridgestone tires front and rear, balance and mounted for $289. The people I just bought my bike from replaced the rear tire for just under $400. When I asked my dealer what it would cost to replace just the front tire, he said it would be around $200+
I now have two new tires on the bike and a spare rear tire when I need it.

·
Administrator
26,577 Posts
imported post

ChaosandConfusion wrote:
Our Honda dealer in Tallahassee FL is selling Bridgestone tires front and rear, balance and mounted for $289.
Guess they are having to discount them because so many are converting to car tires.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
imported post

Chaosandconfusion....I tried to find the Honda dealer on Google.com and im not sure which one your talking about. Do you have the telephone number???

Thanks,

Harold

·
Registered
2,795 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
imported post

I have about 1500 miles on my kumho P205 / 55 / 16. Smiles getting bigger. I have $132.00 in the tire including mounting and balancing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.