Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I now have 23500 miles on the front and 17500 miles on the rear Dunlop E3 tires. Time for a new set this winter.
I have used nothing but E3's on my bike. I run 40-41 Lbs in front and rear and every set has been noisy and the cupping problem . The rear tire on this set is like a washboard.

I am thinking of getting the Avon Venom Tires.
Chaparral has them for $139.00 F and $176.00 R with free shipping and a $10.00 coupon for first time sign up customers.

Any thought on the Avon tires?
Thank You
Mike

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Didn't see what year bike your riding in your profile Mike - care to elaborate??? I ran Avon Venom X's on my 1500 twice and I am currently running Avon Cobra's on my 1800...

Both the Venom X's and the Cobra's start getting noisy at around 6000 miles but I have been very satisfied with both sets so far in terms of ride, handling, and rain riding... I ran/run 41 front 42 rear in both sets of tires...

Les

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Les

Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking the Avon is what I will get. Can't be any louder than the Dunlop E3 tires. This last set of E3's seem to have been the worst. Back tire is like a washboard and I get vibration in the hands and feet from it
I now have my bike listed in my profile.
Thanks again
Mike

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
I still don't see what bike you have but I also run the E3's on my 1500. My next set will be Metzler, despite a few horror stories. I'm pretty sure somebody will chime in with the darkside story, tire threads have a tendency to bring out the best in a lot of members here.

Nevertheless, I used to race road racing and was sponsored by Metzler. Those tires I used back then was second to none and I am willing to try them again on every bike I have for my next sets...

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,275 Posts
Since his question was specifically about Avon tires, hopefully the thread stays on track.
I have never used them, not got that many miles out of my E3's.

·
Premium Member
67,645 Posts
I've been running Metzler's, 3 sets.. Loved them.. Quiet, stick great but the mileage on the lats set sucked..The first set went 12k the second 10k and the last just did make 9k.. Saturday I went to a Cobra on the rear and a Stone on the front.. I'll see what kind of mileage I'll get now..

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,612 Posts
I have Metzler's on my ST1100 but not enough miles to have any opinion.

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
I run Dunlop E-2's on both the 1000 and 1100. I have switched over to E-3's on the sidecar rig.

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
I have Dunlop E2's on the 76 and E3's on the 82. The E3's really sing with the sidecar hookup from the lean imposed by the sidecar setup. They will be replaced with E2's next time. I love the E2's on the 76.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
tires

1500 avon venom is great cobra is good for 1800 the old bias dunlop e-3 are good on the 1500 sorry on the 1800

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
I ran E3s on my 1200 and got 15 to 17 out of them but as they said they cup and get noisy. I have a 1800 now and new tires were on the bike when I bought it. Right now I am running dunlop 250s and it looks like I'll be lucky to get 10k out out of them. I may go dark side or to Bridgestones. I have heard good things about Michelin's Commander 2 tire but they are bi ply's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.