Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for an OEM alternator for a 1993 1500. I have put in 2 aftermarket and they don't last. Does anyone know where a guy can get a decent alternator?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had good luck with a Compufire. Have several stock 1500 alternators here that would need to be checked out. Have a great rebuilder nearby me. Have a 1800 now, but wrote "Good" on 2 of them years ago. (1500 alternators.)
gumbyredd

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am looking for an OEM alternator for a 1993 1500. I have put in 2 aftermarket and they don't last. Does anyone know where a guy can get a decent alternator?
I have a compufire alt on my 89 wing it was on it when I got it and I have put 170,000 mi on it in 6yrs without a hiccup.just passing along my personal experience for what its worth

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
726 Posts
Why not just get a new OEM alternator? They are still available. MRcycles shows them for $360. Buying two aftermarket and the time to replace them will justify the price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why not just get a new OEM alternator? They are still available. MRcycles shows them for $360. Buying two aftermarket and the time to replace them will justify t
Why not just get a new OEM alternator? They are still available. MRcycles shows them for $360. Buying two aftermarket and the time to replace them will justify the price.
I prefer the compufire for the extra output 90 amps 1325 watts 14 volts at idle vs about 45 700 not sure about stock,as we ride all year round with heated cold weather gear (seat,grips, gloves,jackets) and the stock one cant handle it and with all that on it still puts out 13.7-13.9 volts so for me just a personal preference hope that clears it up for you...ultimately its your decision...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts