Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just got my 2005 wing and it has about everything I want except for highway pegs. I gotta have pegs! The problem is which pegs to buy. Because of the way the engine sits I want to make sure I get good pegs that are maneuverable so I can find the right comfort zone. That engine can put out some heat and I want my legs to be far enough away from it but no scraping during the turns. I was looking at these:

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/460/Longhorn-Offset-Dually-Highway-Pegs

Any suggestions for the wingdinger? :)

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

I am 6'4" and theKuryakyn hiway pegs have me rubbing my legs against the fairing and were useless so I took them off.:whip:

Mic-o-pegs I have not tried, but look tomaybe solve the problem.:stumped:

Just tired of throwing money at the problem to see what sticks.:(

I, like you, also have a 2005 and have adapted to riding it stock.

I would like a set of highway pegs that would have my feet lower and just ahead of the stock pegs, letting me stretch my legs out.

The Mick-o-pgs seem to do this.

If you give them a try and you like them, please let me know.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

you can stand on them and they will not slip because they contact the cylinder head with a rubber bumper. the arm has notches and really only has 3 positions. high low and center

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

If I go with the Ergo II's I have no idea which ones to get I've got it narrowed down to the model numbers 4064 and 4073. I want the one that extends away from the engine the most. Here are the pics.

Model 4073

Model 4064

Who has these models on their bikes?

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

the only difference is the foot peg style. I have the 4064 that has a switch blade heel rest. I do not use that part much. when I do, I use them for a toe rest while using the stock pegs. mine are position the same as your pic

the engine is not a problem for me. It is the heat from the radiators

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I'm sorry guys. I should have posted both model numbers while they are attached to the bike. I now have the right pics up. As you can see the models are different. Which model has the peg away from the engine the most. I like the 4073 model in the way it looks.

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.