Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are heading to NASSIR 7 and getting a late start. Leaving Sunday after noon plan to get into western Tenn. Im looking for a place to parK over night we have a popup. anyone? I dont know the area and not sure how hard it will be to find a camp ground.

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
Just an idea - Run across 412 & cross the MS river on I-155 near Hayti, MO. If you want to run the big roads you can stay on 412 through Dyersburg to Jackson pick up I-40 again there. I-40 has construction in several places & the area around W. Memphis is a mess! Did a Google Maps search & found a few in NE AR & NW TN.

We're heading out Monday morning & plan to run secondary/back roads through NE AR, Northern TN & KY before dropping down to get on the Cherahola Skyway.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping to get as far as Jackson TN. sunday night or at least all the way through Memphis.I did see all that construction on 40 and have been thinking about secondary roads. Im in the river valley near Russellville AR. I did google camp grounds and found some.Need some thing easy to get in and out.we will be getting in late and leaving early. thanks

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
I'm going to say that you should be OK with finding a spot in any of the campgrounds on Sunday night. A lot of folks have spent the holiday weekend camping and will have pulled out on Sunday. I haven't camped in that side of the state yet but if its a quick stop you'll be fine. I-40 is a real pain to ride especially through the construction but it's a necessary evil if you're coming to points east. I recommend you try to avoid I-40 and Nashville altogether and get off on the southside of Memphis on hwy 7s and take it all the way over to Chattanooga, grab I-24 for a short ways and then travel 64 across and come in to Fontana from the south side. 64 is an AWESOME ride and most people miss it.

Regardless, have a safe trip and see you soon!

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
Coming out of the Russellville area I'd take I-40 to Conway & take US64 across to Beebe then North on 64/67 to the Bald Knob exit. Take 64 across to Marion then take I-55 South to I-40 through W. Memphis. You'll have about 4-5 miles of construction there. Saw a few state parks along I-40 in/around Jackson. Maybe Google RV parks or use Good Sam to find a place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.