Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've searched the past threads and have an order pending at David Silver Spares. Before I spend the dollars, is there anyone here that has a battery cover for the 84 apsencade? I can wait on this for awhile, but you know what a wing looks like with missing parts!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

avnsteve wrote:
I've searched the past threads and have an order pending at David Silver Spares. Before I spend the dollars, is there anyone here that has a battery cover for the 84 apsencade? I can wait on this for awhile, but you know what a wing looks like with missing parts!
Can't help you with another one but just a reminder that you might want to replace all the grommets that hold on plastic parts. If one part falls off due to worn rubber, there are likely more ready to bail out.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Get ahold of Smitty (Al) down in Seguin. Near San Antonio. His number is 830-560-1872. He said I could post his number. He parts out 4 cylinder Goldwings exclusively.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

thanks Sam, I'll be on my way down there tomorrow morning since I have the day off! Just so happens he has one in the color I need!:clapper: I keep thinking we need to get together since we're in the same town. Email me if you're taken with the notion. I'll buy the beer, or the coffee

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

good call Exavid, I plan to go one better and drill a pin hole in the plastic **** and use a safety pin.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

I'd go with you but I am headed North tomorrow to pick up an '83 Standard. I always enjoyed my old fully dressed KZ1100, and when I stripped off all the baggage and fairing, the bike was so much lighter and it was like having a whole new bike. So nowe I'll have 2 bikes the same year. I'd like to keep them both going, and just ride the Interstate most of the time, and the Standard around town.

Yeah, lets get together.. I enjoy just getting out the map and heading out West to the hill country and just hit the backroads, or go East and do the same. Any excuse to get off the interstates. I'll send you my number...

Raymond

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

you got it. have you ever been to Bandera or Kerrville? It's a really nice road.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

I rode that road this spring. Awesome...

Nice wineries around Kerrville, Fredricksberg.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Yeah, late last year I rode the FM335-336-337 trifecta, and camped out in Concan. That's all West of Bandera and Kerrville. Seems like I hit the area North of there lots more often. Fredericksburg, Llano, Lampasas, and Luckenbach. Where ain't nobody feeling no pain....

I like hitting the small backroads, find the old cemeteries with headstones dating back into the 1860's and so. I even hit the dirt roads. Nearly got stuck crossing Sandy Creek near Willow City Loop. Earns it's name well..

Raymond

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Thanks for the contact Raymond, I just got back from Smitty's and got my cover. Excellent deal and really convenient.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Good to hear. Just got back from an 8 hour drive myself. Got the bike, rougher than I thought, but between this one and my '81 parts bike, I'll make a runner out of it.

Raymond

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.