Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Looking for the right front air inlet vent for a GL 1200..

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

Check out the thread by rayandtracy, he has a large listing of 1200 parts for sale.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Richardrwg wrote:
Check out the thread by rayandtracy, he has a large listing of 1200 parts for sale.
Hey Richard thanks for the headsup on my parts :bowing:

Sorry to say though I don't have that part it went with the fairing when I sold it to rocketman.

Ride Safe, Ray

:action:

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
imported post

I need to get one also, went into the store the other day came back out and it was gone.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
imported post

One of mine went missing the other day. The wife and I took a short cruise about a week ago. The temp outside made it up to 62 degrees, and the sun was shining, which is uncommon for western South Dakota during this time of year. The next day a storm dropped 6 inches of snow on the ground. Two days after our ride I was out in the garage and happened to look at the front of the bike and noticed that the right vent grill was missing. Just my luck! Then I remembered that during the ride, as we were exiting off the highway and slowing down, I thought something had hit the front of the bike on the right side because I saw something flash by and hit the ground. Since it was warm, and at that time all of the previous snow had melted, I thought it was just a leaf or a piece of paper that the wind had kicked up as we were passing by. So I told the wife about it and we made plans to go back to that off ramp when the current snowfall had melted away to have a look-see. Had to wait for four days before we could begin the search, but darned if we didn't find it just where I thought it should be laying, off the side of the road halfway down the off ramp. Lucky for me!

I wanted to see why the stupid thing fell off in the first place so I placed it back into the hole in the fairing. Even though the tabs are intact, it did not click back into place in the hole, so the tabs weren't really holding it securely in place. I tested the one that didn't fall off and it easily popped out of the hole in the fairing with just the right amount of pressure applied at the lower bottom corner. What I did to ensure that this doesn't happen again is to add some small strips of Velcro to the holes in the fairing and to the vent grills so that they have to sort of be pried off before they detach.

Hopefully yours aren't loose like mine were!

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

i may have a couple of those on a spare fairing i have in my brother garage, i wont be at his place till the weekend, i'll take a look and see if they are on it, will let you know at the weekend,

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

here's what i found on the spare fairing, somebody has made these out of alluminium, they should polish up very well

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

there you go fang, you gotta good choice now.

gl1100trike, i stayed in leonardtown for a couple of weeks, whilst i got the hard standing put down for my 5th wheel, till i moved it to mechanicsville

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
imported post

I have an extra pair of those too if anyone else needs them

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
imported post

PM sent to Tom

·
Premium Member