Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

I have one of those that came with my bike, in the zippered compartment in the rear of the passengers section of the seat.

While it works "OK", if you don't have that zippered compartment, it will take up a bit of room unless all compressed. I would still find the seat 'damp' underneath it, when it rained. :baffling:

I think you would be better off going to your local Wally World and spend $10 - $12 on The Absorber.

It sucks up water like nothing else I've used, comes in a reusable container, taking up very little space, (I leave mine in my bike all the time) is very durable/machine washableand can be used to dry off/clean the rest of the bike without leaving streaks. When I go touring/Moto Camping, I don't have the room for a bike cover, whether it befull or bikini size, so the bike just sits out in the rain. 10 minutes with the Absorber and not only is it all dried off, but she's all cleaned up as well.

I highly recommend it. :cooler:

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

My only concern on any towel type solution is getting the water down in the buttons of the seat. Once someone sits on it and compresses the foam, what ever water that is down there is now in your undies for the day.

If it were not for the buttons on the seat I would just use a towel. They form a cavity for water to get down into.

Are there ones that only cover the front/rear seats?

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

The stock OEM one covers the passenger backrest and the entire seat.

The one you linked to, looks like it covers just the seat, that is fitted with a backrest. (?)

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

I have the OEM seat cover . on a 1800 it slips over the seat but you have to slide it between the tank and seat which is a tight fit on mine.which makes it mor hassle than it is worth. I never use it. if you pay for the shipping you can have it.

We ride until we get tired. so I do not like covering a dirty bike. it makes scratches and makes the cover dirty where you have to clean it before putting on a clean bike. when I do clean the bike I use the full cover

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

...recover your seat in marine top-grade material and just swipe it clean. What happens if you get caught in a downpour riding?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

A small cheap blue tarp costs just a couple bucks and has worked for me on trips quite well. A 4x8 tarp will cover the seat and instrument panel. A bit of 1/8" nylon line tied to each corner keeps it on even in a wind. The thing will fold down to nearly nothing in the saddlebag or just lay it in the bottom of the trunk, it won't take up any real room at all. In a pinch you can use it for an emergency tent, or a ground cloth if you have to camp in the wet.

·
Premium Member
63,096 Posts
imported post

I have the 1/2 cover.. Works good and if you compress it tight it doesn't take up much room and drys fast..

I did have to spray it this year with some water proofing stuff Dusty Boots told me about..

·
Just one of the guys
4,805 Posts
imported post

I use the half cover on my trike as well. What I like is that I can leave the helmets on the seat so they stay dry and are stored out of the way. It goes on quick and easy.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

The seat cover I had a link to did not clearly cover both the passengers and drivers seat.

Any sources that cover drivers/passengers 1500? Not looking for 1/2 cover just seat cover for camping.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
imported post

I would like to get a waterproof seat cover (front and back seats) for 2012 Wing, to put on the bike while it is being trailed. Can anybody recommend one?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.