Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I just ordered some parts from Honda Direct and some of the parts that came in were incorrect...

I need the rubber isolators that mount the left and right muffler covers (F-19-1 and F19-2 on the microfiche for the mufflers...

They sent me a little rubber piece about 1/8" wide and 5/8" long and about 1/16" thick with adhesive backing on one side...

What I need is more like a rubber boot that slips over the mounting tabs of the muffler side cover... These boots are about 3/8" X 3/8" and are slotted so that they fit over the tabs on the muffler covers... In turn the rubber boots slide into mounts that are mounted on the bike body... These small rubber isolators provide cushioning and noise isolation between the muffler side cover and body so that the side covers don't rattle...

The part number I was sent was 18340-MCA-A70... That is an incorrect part... Does anyone know the correct part number of what I am looking for???

Thanks in advance as always,

Les

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Parts Help

Les,

The part number you are looking for should be 18293-MCA-A20
Since I do not know what year your bike is I entered in 2005 and GL1800.
I went to the muffler fiche and I think your item is number 4. I used the following web site to find the part number.
http://www.hdlparts.com/default.asp

Rod

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Same here, guessed a year and came up with = 18293-mca-a20 rubber 1.49 it was part number 6 on the fiche i looked at. it called for 13
of them total.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
The part number for your 2009 Wing, is the same part # posted by Wanabe and Saws and Wings. Although according to their microfiche, only 12 are required for the 2009 wing. I hope that is the one that you're looking for.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys but I don't know if that count is correct... As far as I can remember without removing the muffler cover again to look, there were 2 rubbers in the back and 2 rubbers in the front and then there were 2 acorn type nuts that bolted the cover to the bike body... I removed this item when installing my belly pan...

Now, I think they were also used on the chrome piece just aft of the painted muffler cover and they might be used elsewhere I guess... I left a message at Honda Direct and I'm hoping they call back...

I looked at the fiche again and it might be that #4 - I'll have to see if I can verify that...

Thanks for all the help :smile:

Les

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
which cover are you talking about ? there are 2, one is the cover for the down pipes and the 2nd one is the cover between the collector box and the muffler itself ,which is just behind you foot peg .if you let us know exactly which one you are takling about then maybe we could pinpoint the part ,there are a lot of rubbers on the complete exhaust system ,so try to narrow it down , Ciaran

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll take a photo today guys and see if I can get the rubbers at least partially into the picture... I have a buddy coming over today that I am going to help with his headset and I'll be iut in the garage later... It's a bit cool here now so it will warm up a bit too by then...

Les

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK guys, I think I have some usable photos... In the photo below indicated by the red arrow, this is what I refer to as "muffler Covers:

And in the photo below, you can just about see the rubber isolator in question... They mount on a metal tab and the the rubber slides into another mount on the bike body - follow the red arrow on this one as well... The photo is a little blurry - sorry - this is the best my little point and shoot Nikon can do on the Macro setting...

Les

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks very much saws-n-wings... That was item #4 correct??? I'll talk to Honda Direct Monday and see if I can return the others for credit and get the correct ones ordered...

BTW, see your from NW Arkansas by your profile... Myself and a few from our MC club rode a bit in your state earlier this year... Real pretty country down there and Mt. Magazine Cabins were awesome!!!

Les

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Honda 18293-MCA-A20 - - - That's the correct number guys - it cross references to this part and that is the correct part - many thanks for all your help...

Les

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.