Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I rebuilt the carbs and got them reinstalled today. The bike was running like a champ. I brought it back home from a test ride, installed the saddlebags, tour box, antenna, and side covers. Now it won't start! Won't even turn over. I know the kickstand has an interlock and have tried with it up and down. The bike is in neutral, clutch pulled in, kill switch in runand key on. The lights come on and the bike goes through self test. When I push the start button, the lights dim as they should, and nothing else happens. ????????????

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Try removing the side covers again & try it :?

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

96aspencade wrote:
Try removing the side covers again & try it :?
Yeah. I was hoping to get an idea about which one could be a problem. There were ten separate panels.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

Fish a coat hanger in behind those panels & start pulling wiring gently until it fires.:baffling:

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Couldn't sleep last night so I started the process of elimination. Took the battery cover off and the bike started. Haven't figured exactly what the problem is, but there is some "creative wiring", so I will get to the bottom of it.

Thanks for the responses.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

:ROFL: "creative wiring" That was all over my suzuki. good luck and let us know what it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.