Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I am converting my wing, stripping all bags and fairing and need a few hard-to-find parts. I hope someone can help.

If you have a set you wish to part with or know where I may find some, please let me know. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

Hi if you look on evilbay for the stems make sure they are on the part as i just brought 2 sets of headlight and turn signal fork cover's . When i got them the turn signal stems whereor had been at some time sawn off or broken off wasted a lot of cash on them then i found some on here for sale and it was all there.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

They sell them new you cant get used ones at that price on evilbay

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Is this an Interstate or Aspencade you're converting? How's the fairing and bags look? What, if any, radio system was on it?

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

The pics in your reply Sam are the actual turn signals I believe. What I am needing are the "stems" that are male (and I believe threaded?) on both ends with one going to the fork mount sleeve, one to the turn signal, approx. 1-1.5 inches in length.
I have not been able to find these stems on E-Bay despite multiple attempts/tactics.

The old bags are in good to excellent condition. They have been disassembled and sanded with decals removed and holes filled. One bag has a scuff mark, the others are smooth. Fairing is also in great shape and has also been sanded to smooth. Is the standard, factory radio and speakers with plastic housings.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

if its a 1100 the stems are welded ot the fork ears unless you are looking for the little plastic extension pieces.. Maybe you have 1000 ears. . they are threaded. can you post a picturejb

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

Ebay seller mistercsmotorcycles has 2 up for bidding about 2 days left

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

you are absolutely correct, I have 1000 ears from a 1978 model that I have forced onto my 82 forks (what a job that was!). This is not the first time I have done this exact transition but I have since forgotten how I acquired the threaded "ears" or what they are formally called so I am having trouble even searching for them.

Also, general question: will a bad battery make my 1100 run rough and backfire? I don't know how many mechanical components are running off the battery.

Going browsing on E-Bay for fork ear stems, or something. Thanks for the help, please keep it coming!

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

I do have 1000 ears, from a 1978 to be exact. Any idea where I can find these elusive stems for front signals?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.