Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hey folks, well I had the left saddlebag cover blow off tonight. I had been to the hospital to visit an uncle that isn't doing well and pull out my Toggs and guess I forgot to lock the lid down.

Holler at me if you have the lid and want to sell it. I can send PayPal or any other way you want to handle it. Thanks,

Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
imported post

It gives you some what of a sick feeling when you see that lid take off 7 or 8 feet in the air in your rear view mirror. I don't know how mine ever survived the landing going down the highway at 70 mph. Only had a little scratch on the inside back corner. Think that was my luck for this year :)

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

I had the right side come off last week and found it, it was in the day time. Last night it was almost 10 when it came off and I couldn't find it. I asked Gary who lives in Starkville if he could ride out and see if he sees it, maybe just maybe he will find it and it be ok!!! I had a bunch of 18 wheelers that came up behind me and I imagine it got rode over, but maybe their wind blew it out of the road and no one has stopped to pick it up yet.

I cussed as I heard it hit the highway, I knew exactly what it was....... I had got my vest out of the side and my cousin came up to me and we talked for a while and I just forgot to latch it up.

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
imported post

The PO had tethered the ones on my 1200. The lid wasn't an exact colour match either. I guess he didn't want to go shopping again.

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
imported post

oops

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Yea, Nightwizard had his done like that and I just never got around to doing on mine but they will be soon!!! Gary out of Starkville found my lid for me today in 4 pieces but he said it should glue back ok for me so at least I will have it next week but I still want to get one to have.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
imported post

cntryboy1289 wrote:
Yea, Nightwizard had his done like that and I just never got around to doing on mine but they will be soon!!! Gary out of Starkville found my lid for me today in 4 pieces but he said it should glue back ok for me so at least I will have it next week but I still want to get one to have.
I lost one in eastern CO last year on the way to nassir1, and ended up finding one at a place in west St Louis. I paid $50 for it, and painted it up myself. They had some more there.

I can figure out where the place is if you're interested.I found the going price at that time to be about $175. I found a whole set of bags and all for 250, so 175 seemed ridiculous.

I still don't use the tethers. They just seem like a pain to deal with.

·
Deceased 1/2017
1,206 Posts
imported post

I have a set of them from where my dad had his 86 SEI triked. If you would be interested P.M. me, I'll make you a heck of a deal on them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.