Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have an '89, and the right saddlebag door has a hinge hanging loose. Looking inside, I see nuts welded to the hinges, with screws coming from inside the bag bodywork. On the front side of the right hand bag, both screws have backed out of the nut and need to be tightened back in.

Outside, I see a chrome strip, but don't know how to remove it. Do you just pry it off? My manual is no help on this particular operation. Just behind this strip of chrome, I see a screw, but believe it belongs to plastic at the back of the bag.

Sorry, guys, I'm new.....dumb questions abound during the learning curve! Thanks for any and all help.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
imported post

well first off the only dumb question is the question never asked

i own a 1200 and on mine if you take the 3 nuts off the plate and studs come out i tapped mine with a screwdriver handle im sure a 1500 guru will be olong shortly if im wrong

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks, Bungee.......I was worried because it was adhering solidly, and I didn't want to break anything by doing something wrong.

So I pried and pried on the chrome strip, and it came free gradually, with a heavy white glue-like substance holding it down. Is this standard? And how do I now "glue" the strip back in? What product would be best?

Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
imported post

flashya2 wrote:
Thanks, Bungee.......I was worried because it was adhering solidly, and I didn't want to break anything by doing something wrong.

So I pried and pried on the chrome strip, and it came free gradually, with a heavy white glue-like substance holding it down. Is this standard? And how do I now "glue" the strip back in? What product would be best?
I used weatherstrip adhesive on mine, but it got to be a little messy. I have also used 3M moulding tape with excellent results.

Michael

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks, there are probably several options.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.